2019 "Live" suspension mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
My buddy who just got back from SEMA said that he talked to Fox and they said because of the height sensors in the new Live Valve shocks that they are not upgradable and we won't be able to use the gieser springs and Deavers :S So take it with a grain of salt obviously, but thats what the reps told him while he was there
seems like you'll need an aftermarket controller. ( which isnt a huge issue ).

I'd betcha that even with a height sensor ( which is reality is most likely a shaft position sensor, not actually a height sensor), you can still swap the springs, put the valving changes wont be perfect.

I would also guess that there is a relearn feature to the shock programming to reset static height.

From what I hear, fox will bring the same tech out as an aftermarket offering. If the shocks were unable to be manipulated at all, theyd have one hell of a time with R&D for the aftermarket offerings.

Give it some time. I'm sure there will be a solution. If not, the price of 17s/18s is due to go up. :p

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If this is true, it sounds like the deavers +2 should work. All speculation until someone installs a set.

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seems like you'll need an aftermarket controller. ( which isnt a huge issue ).

I'd betcha that even with a height sensor ( which is reality is most likely a shaft position sensor, not actually a height sensor), you can still swap the springs, put the valving changes wont be perfect.

I would also guess that there is a relearn feature to the shock programming to reset static height.

From what I hear, fox will bring the same tech out as an aftermarket offering. If the shocks were unable to be manipulated at all, theyd have one hell of a time with R&D for the aftermarket offerings.

Give it some time. I'm sure there will be a solution. If not, the price of 17s/18s is due to go up. :p

Yeah I was kinda of disappointed when he told me they said that. The Factory series will still be an upgrade compared to the new Live Valves they made it sound like as well. Again, its all still speculation at this point. It will be interesting to see what comes of it when guys start getting their 19's

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone gonna cancel their 19 order and find an 18 for a discount cuz of this potential shock issue? Lol.
If I was planning on heavy mods I probably would but I was going to keep mine stock . Most I would do would be deavers that take out the rear block if I even thought it was necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone gonna cancel their 19 order and find an 18 for a discount cuz of this potential shock issue? Lol.
If I was planning on heavy mods I probably would but I was going to keep mine stock . Most I would do would be deavers that take out the rear block if I even thought it was necessary

Funny that you say that because I’ve started looking at the 18’s again........damn it! Really like the Agate Black Metallic because it won’t show dirt as bad as Shadow Black when it’s clean.....

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If that’s true, I’d be better of trying to get a dealer to give me $6000 off MSRP on a Shadow Black 18, and taking the savings to swap out for the 3.0 Fox Factory’s in the Fr & Rear, and then cancel my order on the ‘19.......is that right? The Agate Black and Live 3.0’s were the only 2 reasons I had for wanting a 2019.

OP
OP
Kahuna

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
My view...
If you 100% have to lift/level it, get the 18.
If you are an offroad maniac and doing 30+ hardcore days a year go the 18 and upgrade.
If the $5k difference in price is a major issue for you get the 18.
If you are anyone else, wait for the 19. MangneRide rocks in the GT350. Active rocks in the Razor. This is likely to as well.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My view...
If you 100% have to lift/level it, get the 18.
If you are an offroad maniac and doing 30+ hardcore days a year go the 18 and upgrade.
If the $5k difference in price is a major issue for you get the 18.
If you are anyone else, wait for the 19. MangneRide rocks in the GT350. Active rocks in the Razor. This is likely to as well.

Thx Kahuna, I wouldn’t be saving anything either way, because I’m spending the $6k I’d be saving on the 18 by adding the Factory 3.0’s to it right away......in either case, I just want the better performing off-road set up for medium duty off-roading and a more comfy highway ride to and from work. I test drove a Roush Raptor and did some mild “curb jumping” and “whoops” and it was like riding in a big O-R Cadillac......I do like how you get 2+” with the Factory 3.0’s as well, just by dialing them up. With ADD bumpers F&R, it can make up for some sag.

I’ve got my heavily modded RZR XP “RTLR” 900 for the serious duty OR sprints at the ranch, but just having the capability on my “tow” rig is kinda nice.....

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy who just got back from SEMA said that he talked to Fox and they said because of the height sensors in the new Live Valve shocks that they are not upgradable and we won't be able to use the gieser springs and Deavers :S So take it with a grain of salt obviously, but thats what the reps told him while he was there

Exactly why I just pulled the trigger on an 18 instead of waiting for a 19 and having to pay 10k over msrp

OP
OP
Kahuna

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Those weren't your only 2 options.