2019 "Live" suspension mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Because geiser springs are progressive, they will be softer during daily driving duties. As they compress they have more effective spring rate.

The eibachs are a linear spring, which will be stiffer.

Stock, the trucks nose dive quite a bit, a collar lift of about 1.5" made the factory spring perfect for me.

I swapped to fox factory 3.0s (which are very much worth it), and have since swapped the the fox coilovers out for Kings .(the fox 3.0s don't work with my midtravel kit).

If you have the coin, go right to 3.0 remote resis. If you're going to beat on the truck, I'd double down on this recommendation.

If you plan to add UCAs, disconnect the front sway, go geisers, and beat on the truck, do yourself a favor and add limit straps so you don't destroy your front shocks by pulling the shaft out of the shock body at full droop.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because geiser springs are progressive, they will be softer during daily driving duties. As they compress they have more effective spring rate.

The eibachs are a linear spring, which will be stiffer.

Stock, the trucks nose dive quite a bit, a collar lift of about 1.5" made the factory spring perfect for me.

I swapped to fox factory 3.0s (which are very much worth it), and have since swapped the the fox coilovers out for Kings .(the fox 3.0s don't work with my midtravel kit).

If you have the coin, go right to 3.0 remote resis. If you're going to beat on the truck, I'd double down on this recommendation.

If you plan to add UCAs, disconnect the front sway, go geisers, and beat on the truck, do yourself a favor and add limit straps so you don't destroy your front shocks by pulling the shaft out of the shock body at full droop.

You guys are great. I guess I had it backwards.
This forum has been very helpful already! Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kahuna

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Don't rush into it is my suggestion. Take delivery. Drive the truck for a few weeks. See how it handles. Then (if they end up being compatible) get some Geiser front springs and Deaver/Atlas/Icon rear springs if you want a little extra height. You will experience what the upgrade felt like and will learn something for the next truck you buy.

OP
OP
Kahuna

Kahuna

Reaction score
Question for the gurus out there...

The new shocks have a cup in the body which provides extra damping for the last 25% of the stroke. Did the old shocks have that? Will that negate the need for hydraulic bumps all together of just help stop bottoming?

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The new shocks have a cup in the body which provides extra damping for the last 25% of the stroke. Did the old shocks have that? Will that negate the need for hydraulic bumps all together of just help stop bottoming?
Yes the "old" 2017-2018 frt and rear shocks had internal valving parts to create a bump zone to reduce harsh bottoming...

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Question for the gurus out there...

Ever hear the old adage " 2 is one, one is none"?

If you put all of your trust in a singular failure point ( the shock) , you have zero protection if something happens to the shock. The whole point of a bump stop is to protect the vehicle and the occupants if you push the truck beyond what the shock can do, even temporarily.

Not to mention, the rear shocks are offset and angled. The required sheer strength of the components of the shock and the mounting brackets so that they MIGHT hold up to a full bump, 1/4" from metal to metal scenario would put ford's metallurgy team outspending nasa.

just for clarity- this is RE: the rear suspension.

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy who just got back from SEMA said that he talked to Fox and they said because of the height sensors in the new Live Valve shocks that they are not upgradable and we won't be able to use the gieser springs and Deavers :S So take it with a grain of salt obviously, but thats what the reps told him while he was there

OP
OP
Kahuna

Kahuna

Reaction score
Interesting. Sounds like we will have to wait till the big brains get their hands on a set.

Last edited:

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My buddy who just got back from SEMA said that he talked to Fox and they said because of the height sensors in the new Live Valve shocks that they are not upgradable and we won't be able to use the gieser springs and Deavers :S So take it with a grain of salt obviously, but thats what the reps told him while he was there
What about Deavers that don’t change the ride height? Shouldn’t be an issue no? Maybe I’m not sure how they are actually set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sharkus29,
I was afraid of that being the case. I’m sure someone will eventually engineer something that will allow you to modify ride height.