2019 "Live" suspension mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can you recommend a good option?
I just ordered a 2019 raptor and I am having the dealership install lift, new wheels, and 35 x 12.5 tires when it arrives in late December/early January. I only went with the ReadyLift SST 2.5 inch lift kit, since that’s what they have been installing on other 2018 Raptors on the lot.

www.texasmotorworx.com

Come see us. We are in Dallas, but our biggest market is Houston surprisingly. We can get you taken care of and squared away. We have built every combination of Raptor on the road. SVC, RPG, Battleborn, HM, Rogue, ICON, Camburg... you name it, we've built it.

If it was me, I would follow Kahuna's advice. Scrap ALL dealership installed parts. We will most likely be tremendously cheaper and we know what the hell we are talking about. ;) If you want give us a call tomorrow and we can lay out a plan. 214-785-6568, Hunter/Sam/Jason can help with any question you may have.

Last edited:

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And why would you change out the brand new tires. The stock tires are within .1 of an inch to the 35 x 12 tires, and they are C range which will ride better.

I like the BFG AT's and used to use nothing but them for years on previous rigs(at least 10 sets), but for the last 15+ years, I've been using the Nitto Terra, then Trail, and now the Ridge Grapplers, because they clean out much better than my BFG AT's ever did with the dark Gumbo we have in many parts of Texas, and I love the more aggressive sidewalls.

Also, I'm going with 20" wheels, instead of the smaller OEM 17" because I want to get the Vorsteiner Venom Rex on there. Just my preference.

I've had 18's on my Nissan Titan for 10+ years, and wanted a bigger wheel on the new rig.

Last edited:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
True 35s are typically closer to 1/2" taller than the 315s, which is barely noticeable. You don't need to install a lift to run true 35s on a Raptor. Hell, with some Geisers and Deavers you can fit 37s without a lift.

Don't lift your Raptor.

I repeat. Don't lift your Raptor.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Can you recommend a good option?
I just ordered a 2019 raptor and I am having the dealership install lift, new wheels, and 35 x 12.5 tires when it arrives in late December/early January. I only went with the ReadyLift SST 2.5 inch lift kit, since that’s what they have been installing on other 2018 Raptors on the lot.

Ask the fellas at TMX to send you pictures of my truck. Yes, it's an 18, but you'll get the point. A little bit of an altitude adjustment and some new shoes is no sweat compared to bypass racks, mid-travel kits, fitting fenders and bedsides, etc, etc.

I brought my truck to Dallas from New Orleans because TMX knows their shit.

I would never let a dealer sell me or install anything aftermarket or performance part oriented.

Take it to the guys that pay their bills by building badass trucks.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys!

Zombiekiller, I went to their website. Is yours one of the trucks on there?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys!

Zombiekiller, I went to their website. Is yours one of the trucks on there?
There are some pictures of the tmx Instagram, and on my Instagram.

I have a build thread on this site too.

Truck will be done as soon as the shocks show up from king for the front.

My truck is the magnetic one with the Robby woods carbon fiber on it.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Zombiekiller, didn't see yours with the RW CF kit yet, but I saw the TMX Raptor on Instagram. Do you have Venom Rex 601's on yours by chance?

Another question on the Geiser progressive springs. I have progressive rate springs on my Polaris RZR because I had a full cage custom built out of heavier tubing, and didn't want to lose my clearance and jumping abilities. Since I'm planning on adding the ADD Stealth Fighter bumper in front, will the ride quality pretty much balance out?

Last edited:

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Thanks Zombiekiller, I saw the TMX Raptor on Instagram which looks to have 37's, correct?

Another question on the Geiser progressive springs. I have progressive rate springs on my Polaris RZR because I had a full cage custom built out of heavier tubing, and didn't want to lose my clearance and jumping abilities. Since I'm planning on adding the ADD Stealth Fighter bumper in front, will the ride quality pretty much balance out?

Yep. Now sporting 37" generals

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see. I want to stay with 35x12's since I've got a 25 mile commute each day/each way to work and prefer a little better gas mileage. Adding weight with the bumpers already, so I don't want to load it down with too much more weight.......but do want to get at least 1.5" in the front to counter sag from the bumper and settling in.

So, it looks like you guys convinced me on the Geiser springs! Now, if only I can find someone who has a set in stock before my truck comes in! Geiser is currently out of stock, and I'll bet most websites don't keep them in stock, but instead order them from Geiser to ship direct to customer as ordered.

Thank you all for the advice in this forum! Good to hear from you guys who've already been there and done your beta testing for us newb's.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free