2019 "Live" suspension mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was going to wait with fenders till the new fox race shocks are available
New shocks can't fix your problem...same wheel travel so they will still rub...Stiffer front springs will mean it will still rub, just need to hit things a little faster

Eli

Reaction score
Lol wasn’t looking to fix my problem with the shocks. I guess I misinterpreted that. I’m trying to see if I’m able to get the RPG bolt kit and still keep the “live valving” by incorporating the fox race live valving shocks said to come out in July.

BushwiickBill

Reaction score
I spent some time with the FOX engineer at the Vendor area at the Easter Jeep Safari. They are bringing out a mod kit for the 19s, but at this point you have to buy all new shocks with it as well. It is a plug and play and uses the 19's Ford computer, but at this point not the live valve shocks that come with the Raptor. He said maybe in the future they would release the plug and play module, but first the entire kit. $ 6,000.00 Supposed to be released around July. I told him I would like to be able to adjust the shocks, like on my new RZR, which has comfort, sport and hard settings, but I wasn't interested in spending $ 6,000 to do it. (My wife was standing right next to me, so I had to say it)

Anyone hear any updates from Fox regarding the Live Valve upgrade kit being released from Fox? Looks like Jzweedyk was told around July but I can't find any press releases/announcements from Fox hinting about the possibility. Would love to see it released and a welcome upgrade to the 2019s!

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone hear any updates from Fox regarding the Live Valve upgrade kit being released from Fox? Looks like Jzweedyk was told around July but I can't find any press releases/announcements from Fox hinting about the possibility. Would love to see it released and a welcome upgrade to the 2019s!

I was told late summer as well but haven't heard anything yet. Hope it comes out soon, looking forward to the upgrade.

BushwiickBill

Reaction score
Alright fellas! Fox announced the live valve 3.0 race series several weeks ago. I'm know a lot off-road shops put on some pre-orders for them but not sure they've shipped yet. Anyone take the plunge and have them installed yet? Definitely curious on how much of an improvement they are over stock so if anyone has data or reports fill us in! I can find anything as far as reviews yet on the interwebz.

John Rathjen

SWATDOC
Reaction score
ZK - after reading your explanation of how the live valve sensors compute dampening via suspension travel/shock speed, I'm wondering how mid travel arms (like the upcoming Camburg setup) might affect the computed shock function. With 1 1/2" longer arms, and the sensors being in the same place, would you agree that the percieved suspension travel/shock speed will actually be slower than what the suspension/wheels is actually doing? In other words, with everything stock, the sensors might register a 2" rise in the wheel over a 10 millisecond time period, but with lengthened arms, the wheel might actually be moving 2.5" over that same time frame. That being said, do you think it's such a small difference that it wont really matter?

BushwiickBill

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure how mid-travel will work with live valve but I did see the Camburg setup...be interesting if they can pull it off. I hoping some reviews of the 3.0 race series come out soon. I've been holding off on modding my 19s suspension because of not wanting to lose some or all of the live valve benefits.