2019 "Live" suspension mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the Camburg UCAs and Eibach coils. Here is a short video I took of the sensor arm for the live valve system and how it connects to the UCA for those interested. You can see the small bracket Camburg includes with their UCAs.

f953fae0986ed351e7bd3983e2d79df6.jpg

Reaction score
Everyone,

Really excited to see interest in modifying the Live Valve system on the newer '19 Raptors.

We've recently released our Damper Interface Device which is intended to enable aftermarket external bypass dampers onto the Ford F-150 Raptor platform. We partnered with RPG to help develop this product and they are available for purchase from his team.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/2019-raptor-live-valve-orr-damper-interface-device.67084/

Besides the previous things mentioned in this thread, is there anything else people are interested in seeing on these trucks?
Thanks!

Brian

OP
OP
Kahuna

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Hi Brian is this item available to purchase yet? I think I need it as I have a 19 with Geiser springs up front and Icons Leafs in the rear.

Thanks
Kyle
You don't need this with just a spring change. This prevents issues/codes if you want to remove the live shocks and replace with Icon shocks (for example).

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does it ride with the new suspension and UCA's?

It rides about the same honestly. It might be 10% stiffer across the small choppy stuff but it's smoother on bigger hits like huge potholes or big dips in the pavement. To me the 2019 rides a lot stiffer than the 2017/18 anyway. People say it's more "planted" but to me it's just stiffer/bumpier. Not necessarily bad just different.

Reaction score
It rides about the same honestly. It might be 10% stiffer across the small choppy stuff but it's smoother on bigger hits like huge potholes or big dips in the pavement. To me the 2019 rides a lot stiffer than the 2017/18 anyway. People say it's more "planted" but to me it's just stiffer/bumpier. Not necessarily bad just different.

Ok, perfect. My results are about the same as yours. What did you end up doing to the rear as far as suspension or is it still stock?

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, perfect. My results are about the same as yours. What did you end up doing to the rear as far as suspension or is it still stock?

I have Icon leafs in the rear on their lowest setting. Probably all I’ll do for now until the live valve Fox race kit is released. Depending on how those look I’ll either go with those or do a bypass rack and switch to longer bypasses. The Icons ride great though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone,

Really excited to see interest in modifying the Live Valve system on the newer '19 Raptors.

We've recently released our Damper Interface Device which is intended to enable aftermarket external bypass dampers onto the Ford F-150 Raptor platform. We partnered with RPG to help develop this product and they are available for purchase from his team.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/2019-raptor-live-valve-orr-damper-interface-device.67084/

Besides the previous things mentioned in this thread, is there anything else people are interested in seeing on these trucks?
Thanks!

Brian
Hey Brian, so many Raptor owners "tune" the engine but is it possible to "tune" the new 2019+ live value shocks?

Also it looks like your new Damper Interface Device will be a must have for any 2019+ owner as a work around when the live value system malfunctions.

But I live in the Midwest and the closest legal place to offroad is at least an hour away from me. So spending the $10k+ on Fox 3.0's, leafs, coils, ect. for me would be a very underutilized upgrade.

I also love the plush road ride of my 18 Raptor but find the shock upgrade on the 2019's & most likely on the 2020's a potentially worthwhile upgrade. I also understand that the 19's shock is not in same league as Fox 3.0's, but I would be getting a brand new truck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Brian, so many Raptor owners "tune" the engine but is it possible to "tune" the new 2019+ live value shocks?

Also it looks like your new Damper Interface Device will be a must have for any 2019+ owner as a work around when the live value system malfunctions.

But I live in the Midwest and the closest legal place to offroad is at least an hour away from me. So spending the $10k+ on Fox 3.0's, leafs, coils, ect. for me would be a very underutilized upgrade.

I also love the plush road ride of my 18 Raptor but find the shock upgrade on the 2019's & most likely on the 2020's a potentially worthwhile upgrade. I also understand that the 19's shock is not in same league as Fox 3.0's, but I would be getting a brand new truck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This is what I've been holding out for. Some electronic device for changing the shock settings. Fox has the Live Valve version of their 3.0 race kit under development so I'm thinking they have to have some way to change settings electronically. Would be super awesome if it unlocked some kind of menu in the truck to do it, but that's doubtful.