2019 "Live" suspension mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Posting a thread to start discussing mods for the new active suspension.

If there are sensors analysing where in the shock stroke the shock is, will we be able to add collars/Geiser/Deavers etc without ******** up the sensors' algorithms?

If the shocks are attaching differently will we be able to run existing rear bump kits or will we need to wait for redesigned 19+ kits from vendors?

Thanks,
K

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Until it turns out to be frickin' awesome and all existing mods work. :p

I'm rolling the dice.

Haha that would be awesome.... Hopefully you will find that out and hopefully those mods do not affect the live shocks.... I guess someone will have to be the guinea pig and let everyone else know.

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Word on the street is (absolutely not gospel) that we will be able to continue modifying OEM shocks the way we always have. Rumored 2" or less front and rear. We do know that aftermarket shocks will be configured to work with this system (who knows how much those will cost).

Bump kits "should be ok" clearancing may drive a different design of the metal. However, the overall design aspect of the bump stop kit will still be effective.

-Hunter

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Word on the street is (absolutely not gospel) that we will be able to continue modifying OEM shocks the way we always have. Rumored 2" or less front and rear. We do know that aftermarket shocks will be configured to work with this system (who knows how much those will cost).

Bump kits "should be ok" clearancing may drive a different design of the metal. However, the overall design aspect of the bump stop kit will still be effective.

-Hunter

Hunter, so to me that would imply that I ready left 2.5 inch lift kit with 1 inch in the rear should still work?

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hunter, so to me that would imply that I ready left 2.5 inch lift kit with 1 inch in the rear should still work?

Well, you should never really consider a "top of strut" leveling kit, those have been proven to destroy the factory geometry as designed by Ford. They work well on any truck (F150, Silverado, Ram, Toyota) that suspension travel isnt critical.

But you should be safe with a coil adjustment collar, and rear leaf springs.

-Hunter

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you should never really consider a "top of strut" leveling kit, those have been proven to destroy the factory geometry as designed by Ford. They work well on any truck (F150, Silverado, Ram, Toyota) that suspension travel isnt critical.

But you should be safe with a coil adjustment collar, and rear leaf springs.

-Hunter

Can you recommend a good option?
I just ordered a 2019 raptor and I am having the dealership install lift, new wheels, and 35 x 12.5 tires when it arrives in late December/early January. I only went with the ReadyLift SST 2.5 inch lift kit, since that’s what they have been installing on other 2018 Raptors on the lot.

OP
OP
Kahuna

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
The good option is never to have a dealer supply and install a lift for you.

Take delivery, drive it then wait to see what Raptor companies come up with for a lift. You want something that enhances performance, not destroys it.

Last edited: