2019 leaking rear shock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnnyjb

Reaction score
So I have a leaking rear shock on my new truck at like 300 miles. Dealer ordered me a new one but it’s 2 weeks out. I have an off road trip planned this weekend and a 1000 mile round trip. Shouldn’t hurt anything other than the shock if it looses all the oil right?

6166F5E5-5E2B-4D61-80AD-D0B20A3830C1.jpeg

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I cant think of anything that could be effected other than the shock. Interesting to see how it will effect the live wire feedback.

lakebum

Reaction score
So I have a leaking rear shock on my new truck at like 300 miles. Dealer ordered me a new one but it’s 2 weeks out. I have an off road trip planned this weekend and a 1000 mile round trip. Shouldn’t hurt anything other than the shock if it looses all the oil right?

View attachment 135529

I had to have my right rear shock replaced at 300 miles on my 2020. It was some sort of electrical fault. It caused a drive mode fault and all shocks went to full stiff.

Don’t be surprised if the same happens to you . Truck drove like a empty 3/4 ton.

It also took over 2 weeks to get the shock . Finally, dealer took one off another 2020 on the lot to fix mine .

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score

View attachment 135529

I'd request the Dealer replace your shock from one sitting on the lot and let that one wait for two weeks.

hj_s14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be fine, worst case the shock will be done for after that offroad trip. I had the same issue before, contact my dealers, ask them to contact around for an availability of the new shokc and the got it and install it same day.