2019 just landed. time for mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlakeEatmon

Reaction score
Need some help guys. Got around 7k to throw at mods and want to go with the best combination. Thinking this....
Tune - so many tuners. Who does it best?
Turbo adapters and downpipes - spd adapters, spd downpipe vs kooks? thoughts?
Intercooler - which one?
Mishimoto makes some turbo pipes - make any difference? anyone have them?
leaving stock exhaust - i think it flows fine
CAI - which one?
what am i missing???
Thanks!

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are missing how you plan to use the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tune: MPT 93PRX, 91PRX, 91Tow

You don’t need an intercooler unless your running the truck hard in a hot climate, adding a winch or frame cut bumper. No reason to upgrade unless any of the above.
SVC or Full Race would be my choice.

Adapters, downpipes, any exhaust and CAI add very little HP if any and only provide noise. If that’s your thing look at AWE and SPD.

Want to level the truck = RPG collars

Lights, Baja Designs, Rigid and KC all have nice offerings if your keeping the stock bumper look at the pocket kit from fordraptorlights.com

Rear leafs by Deaver and Icon are worth the cost even on a daily driver.

Brakes: R1 concepts BBK or Alcon BBK

Bumpers ADD and SVC

Get in touch with Rick@freedommotorsports he has the best prices and best customer service. He can get you anything you need.

Make sure to check out Matt at Builtright as well.

Wheels and tires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A tune is the biggest bang for your buck performance-wise. MPT is one of the favorites on this forum, as is the Whipple Stage 1 kit. I have had the MPT 93 PRX on mine for the last five months and am very happy with my choice.

TAs and downpipes are mostly for sound because they provide very little performance gains. SPD makes a good downpipe with a 400 cell count which prevents the truck from throwing a DTC or CEL. I have the SPD TAs, but not the downpipes.

Intercoolers are not going to give you any performance gains, but they will keep your IAT2s at a reasonable level. The ICs that mount up high also allow you to do a frame horn-cut bumper which sits closer to the front of your truck. Full Race is popular, as are the ones from SVC and Wagnoneer. I have the Full Race.

Have not heard of the Mishimoto turbo pipes, so they must be new or hardly used on Gen 2s. What is their purpose?

Stock exhaust is fine if you want to keep it quiet. FlowMaster FlowFX and the AWE H-pipe muffler replacement options are a good compromise is you want a little more sound during acceleration, but still want to keep it tame under normal driving conditions. There has been some recent debates on whether the AWE has drone, but I can say from my own truck, the FlowMaster FlowFX has none.

CAIs are not worth the money for performance reasons, but some say they increase the turbo sounds.

You should also consider a 170 degree t-stat and the SP 542 spark plugs.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Brett and TX have you on the right track with their posts above.

One note, on Mishimoto, did you mean pipes for the intercooler? If so, they may not be needed if you swap an aftermarket intercooler.

Let us know if we can help with any of the items above. We carry them all!

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let me suggest that you drive the truck through at least its first oil change and use that first-hand experience to evaluate the truck's performance as you personally drive it. I understand your enthusiasm, I truly do, but no on-line advice can compare to what you personally will learn in several thousand miles of driving your truck the way you drive it. What I suggest may save you a lot of money and a fair amount of unnecessary regret.

Foraye

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me suggest that you drive the truck through at least its first oil change and use that first-hand experience to evaluate the truck's performance as you personally drive it. I understand your enthusiasm, I truly do, but no on-line advice can compare to what you personally will learn in several thousand miles of driving your truck the way you drive it. What I suggest may save you a lot of money and a fair amount of unnecessary regret.

I concur, he should at least get baseline experience before modding (Drivetrain ). I'm have <500 miles on my 19, and 30+ years of hot rodding...

Larger, faster spooling Turbos
Higher Capacity Intercooler
Larger Injectors
Tune
LED Fogs
Larger Subwoofer
Mini Antenna
Tail light blackout tint (purchased)

leboeuf45

Reaction score
Need some help guys. Got around 7k to throw at mods and want to go with the best combination. Thinking this....
Tune - so many tuners. Who does it best?
Turbo adapters and downpipes - spd adapters, spd downpipe vs kooks? thoughts?
Intercooler - which one?
Mishimoto makes some turbo pipes - make any difference? anyone have them?
leaving stock exhaust - i think it flows fine
CAI - which one?
what am i missing???
Thanks!

First off congrats as you will love it and the modding process. I just received my 2019 Raptor as well and I as well are about to start the journey that never ends. I have already had a 2018 Gen 2 with upgraded Turbos, Full Race IC, adaptors, down pipes, Full Race catch can, Full race Intake, ford raptor lights, level kit, and a ton of carbon and I have to say it was an awesome daily. It was Tuned on HP tuners and although fun as hell after the mods, the tuner was ultra conservative as there were still alot of unknowns with what the limits were on the truck. Based off of the information Cobb just released, and the conversations i have had with one of the calibrators I would recommend waiting on Cobbs 2019 Software because what they are making on Just a tune and IC is pretty damn impressive. They are also releasing some other pretty impressive mods soon as well as the 2019 raptor support. They used my 2019 last week to start working on it and said it shouldn't take that long to work out the bugs.