GEN 2 2019+ Instrument Cluster “Measurements” update for 2018?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
a point of clarification, if you will... display them how? to a phone, or do you have another display in use?
I’ve been eyeing some possible options for this.

you could do it with a phone or tablet, But the Ngauge is a little digital gauge with a configurable display. I can't remember what the other company is, but they make an hvac vent obdII gauge.

I have it set up to show me coolant temp, oil temp, ignition advance and trans temp. it also has an LED tach-style graduating function, which I have set to react to coolant temp as an easy way to know where I'm at without having to read the number.

With all the extra weight, big tires, skinny pedal happy style and lights, I like to keep an eye on coolant temp. ( I also have PTSD from overheating the truck.)

OP
OP
W

wannarun

Reaction score
it is / was new for 2019, and there is no way to retro the 17-18's to have the 19-20 display.

#1 the center cluster hardware is different between the two
#2 the code inside the truck to is considerably different.

You could possible swap the clusters, but no real way to update the code to drive it in a 17-18
Thank you for info @goblues38

To some of the other responses discussing OBDII gauge options, please refer to my opening post.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Thank you for info @goblues38

To some of the other responses discussing OBDII gauge options, please refer to my opening post.

the vent gauge that I referred to in my post is not a tuner. It simply replaces the vent surround and has a configurable display that can present pretty much and obdII signal. Might be a solid option if you don't want a tuner, but want to display extra info.

JustSomeGuy

Reaction score

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI if someone wants to be test, it seems like it might be possible to get the Measurements screen added to a 17-18:

Originally Posted by blwn viewpost.gif
Does this mean you might be able to upgrade the IPC firmware on the raptors to give them the measurements screens on the 19+? I think a lot of people would be interested in that if possible

I could upgrade a 2017-18 Raptor IPC firmware with the '19 firmware with measurements but it remains to be seen if all of the measurements would populate correctly on a pre-2019 Raptor. I'm trying to sell a 2019 Raptor 8" cluster on the Raptor forums to someone with a 2018 801A to confirm this but so far there's no takers despite me guaranteeing a refund if the measurements don't work.​