GEN 2 2019+ Instrument Cluster “Measurements” update for 2018?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wannarun

Reaction score
I noticed the 2019+ trucks have more information available for monitoring via the 802A instrument cluster than the 2017-2018’s. Specifically theirs a section for “Measurements” that allows the driver to monitor critical engine sensors. I became green with envy upon realizing that my 2018 doesn’t have this option. Has anyone figured out a method to update the software such that older trucks could view the same sensors?

I realize that aftermarket tuners have this ability but am not interested in any of those options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I noticed the 2019+ trucks have more information available for monitoring via the 802A instrument cluster than the 2017-2018’s. Specifically theirs a section for “Measurements” that allows the driver to monitor critical engine sensors. I became green with envy upon realizing that my 2018 doesn’t have this option. Has anyone figured out a method to update the software such that older trucks could view the same sensors?

I realize that aftermarket tuners have this ability but am not interested in any of those options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am almost 100% sure that this is the same between 18 and 19.

I'd be interested to see a pic as well.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it is / was new for 2019, and there is no way to retro the 17-18's to have the 19-20 display.

#1 the center cluster hardware is different between the two
#2 the code inside the truck to is considerably different.

You could possible swap the clusters, but no real way to update the code to drive it in a 17-18

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
any aftermarket obdII gauge can display the same things and more. I have an nguage set up to display some of the data points that I'm most interested in.

a point of clarification, if you will... display them how? to a phone, or do you have another display in use?
I’ve been eyeing some possible options for this.