2019+ Fox 3.0 Live Valve Shocks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NEOGARAGE

NEOGARAGE

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Did you even read the question? Do you know what you're selling, rather than just selling?
I don’t think that comment was a question. Just stating he’s looking to retain the live valve system but get an upgraded Fox system.

Do you really think it would say live valve if it didn’t retain the factory system or be specifically designed for the 2019+ trucks?

dreys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think that comment was a question. Just stating he’s looking to retain the live valve system but get an upgraded Fox system.

Do you really think it would say live valve if it didn’t retain the factory system or be specifically designed for the 2019+ trucks?

Reread the question again what I was asking. You never answered it, but trying to upsell. When other members asked for clarification, upsell again.

Although I'm in the market for the 3.0 setup, you have completely lost my confidence as the seller who knows what he's doing.

OP
OP
NEOGARAGE

NEOGARAGE

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Reread the question again what I was asking. You never answered it, but trying to upsell. When other members asked for clarification, upsell again.

Although I'm in the market for the 3.0 setup, you have completely lost my confidence as the seller who knows what he's doing.
Nothing against you, I have dozens of notifications and messages to go through being just me running this whole ordeal between online sales and local installs, I do everything myself. I lose track or miss something’s, it’s human nature.

Shoot me a private message and I’d be happy to chat and help answer the questions or go over a whole set up that would work best for your needs.

DreadPirateRaptor

Reaction score

Actually, he DID answer your exact question. You can NOT use live valve shocks on a 17 or 18.

The non-Live valve for the 17-18 works fine with the terrain modes, as the 17-18 do not adjust the shocks with the terrain modes anyway.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the fox shocks do not measure ride height at all. There is no shock shaft speed or location sensor in the shocks. All of the settings changes get their inputs from the gyrometer, wheel speed sensors, throttle position sensor, brake sensors, transmission control module and oddly the impact sensors.

ALL of the Logic is programmed into the Ford computers. There is no piggyback computer like on the mustangs, GT or other vehicles that offer adjustable suspension. It is NOT possible to retrofit the raptor live valve tech into previous year trucks.

most folks that build their trucks out remove the live valve and go back to traditional shocks.

If you plan a more wild build, skip the live valves. If you plan to build a mild truck, I don't see a real reason to ditch them, unless they leave you wanting for more.

the "modes" are driving modes related to how you'll be using the truck.

There is no "comfort" or "sport" mode that you can select to change the shock dynamics on their own. The only thing you can change this on, to my knowledge, is the steering feel.

The aftermarket live valve fox shocks have a dial on them to go softer/stiffer, but that is a manual selection via a physical dial on the reservoir body.

ACTUALLLLLYYYYYYYY.... there is front ride height sensors connected to the upper control arms.. and I haven't really looked under the rear to see, but i bet there might be some in the rear too...

and to answer the questions about adjusting shocks from the cab.. when you use the different drive modes the shocks are adjusted.. sport mode=sport mode shocks, baja mode = off road mode shocks, normal mode = normal shocks.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
ACTUALLLLLYYYYYYYY.... there is front ride height sensors connected to the upper control arms.. and I haven't really looked under the rear to see, but i bet there might be some in the rear too...

and to answer the questions about adjusting shocks from the cab.. when you use the different drive modes the shocks are adjusted.. sport mode=sport mode shocks, baja mode = off road mode shocks, normal mode = normal shocks.

incorrect. That sensor is a wheel position sensor, not a ride height sensor. pretty material difference when calculating what thet canculate.

There is no wheel position sensor on the rear of the trucks ( at least not on the 19s) .