2019+ Fox 3.0 Live Valve Shocks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

element217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone running "soft" for on road? "stiff" ? would love some feedback.

I ave been in the medium setting since installing them but did try "soft" for a quick drive home and it felt a bit too soft for my liking.

Soft for "off road" might be perfect.

Socalbeachbum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the 2019+ rear 3.0 live valves as noisy as the non live valve version? It looks like the 3.0 live valve is an internal bypass and the non live valve is external. I don’t like the clicking all that much from external bypass shocks.

ayoustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the 2019+ rear 3.0 live valves as noisy as the non live valve version? It looks like the 3.0 live valve is an internal bypass and the non live valve is external. I don’t like the clicking all that much from external bypass shocks.

The live valve version is an internal bypass. Not sure about the non live valve version but I do know a guy who has the live valve version and he says there's no clicking like with external bypasses.

LOLTRX

Reaction score
If you have Icon UCAs, then your system is different. You can check out the detailed install instructions, which talk about setting the live valve sensors using Icon's bracket system: https://images.iconfigurators.app/pdf/Icon_Dynamics/I98562DJ_REVB.pdf

I bet you can get it pretty close with the Icon brackets and doing the measurements, but you can get it exactly right by asking the Ford tech to set ride height to zero ;o).

The Ford invoice says: Confirmed customer concern. Had to reset tire pressures and TPMS. Confirmed check list for ride height parameters. Reset height level to zero.

They charged me 0.8 hour, but I had low tire pressures and my truck was dirty
My brothers off-road shop has Ford program. Takes 5 minutes tops. Just did eibach and icon leafs. Just tell them to do ride height calibration. In forscan you can see how far the shocks are off. Mine was like 39mm and now 1mm. Definitely a good idea to do again after 5k after springs settle

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have Icon UCAs, then your system is different. You can check out the detailed install instructions, which talk about setting the live valve sensors using Icon's bracket system: https://images.iconfigurators.app/pdf/Icon_Dynamics/I98562DJ_REVB.pdf
Thanks for all of the info you've posted! Very helpful. I am currently running stock and contemplating suspension upgrades. I don't want to waste my time/money or make anything worse. So many people provide 80% advice.

I daily it with 200 lbs and do remote trips with about 600lbs depending on how long I am going for. (tent, water, food, recovery, gear, etc). I don't mind a bit of rake on the daily for a level ride when 'overlanding'. Right now, it sure has a saggy pooper on trips.

Was going to do Geisers and ICON stage 3 rears. Keep my stock LV's and maybe swap them out when they need service in a year or so for the Fox Factory Race 3's. Contemplating just doing the Race 3's up front or all around and being done with it.

Am also in BC, so lots of logging roads and some more technical medium speed trails. When fully loaded, I go slower to respect the extra weight. Extra clearance of an inch or so would be great for washouts/cross ditches/rocks. On 35's.

Have you been working with a shop in Van? How was the import/shipping? Any updates to your build/calibration?

Ryan C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@amREADY I installed front and rear shocks, UCAs, rear leafs and bump stops myself. Import and shipping to Canada sucks. There just isn't much to be done about it though. I use USPS where possible, but for some of these items like the leafs, that wasn't possible.

I have been happy with my set up. I've mostly run medium on the shocks offroad, but for higher paced action the firm setting works really well. Soft is not much use for me.

I think lifting the front 2+ inches won't serve you well offroad, as I've stated above in earlier posts. Happy to discuss if you like.

Good luck

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@amREADY I installed front and rear shocks, UCAs, rear leafs and bump stops myself. Import and shipping to Canada sucks. There just isn't much to be done about it though. I use USPS where possible, but for some of these items like the leafs, that wasn't possible.

I have been happy with my set up. I've mostly run medium on the shocks offroad, but for higher paced action the firm setting works really well. Soft is not much use for me.

I think lifting the front 2+ inches won't serve you well offroad, as I've stated above in earlier posts. Happy to discuss if you like.

Good luck

All great info. I'm not looking for the 2+ inches of lift. My '19 already has lift compared to the 17/18, I think. the Geisers or Fox 3's should give me a little, but not too much (like you've been playing with). I'd rather have it generally driveable and with the downtravel, vs. the lift with some of the harshness you noted and the higher COG, more of a pain with overhead hazards etc.

Thx again.

52predator

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the front preload would be to achieve the same lift as Eibach? I’m running Eibachs now and I’m pretty happy with how the truck sits. I want to be able to keep my wheel gap (which is currently 8.5” driver and 9” passenger, however that works…)