2019 Ford Raptor Velocity Blue after GYEON Q² DuraFlex Ceramic Coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first want to say all factory paint is jacked up. i have done every car i owned over last 8 years with pain correction/ceramic coating mclaren, bentley, lambo, porsche, tesla, etc.. all looks like crap under led lights not just ford. actually compared to some ford was not that bad.

takes over 40hrs of labor work get that paint where i want it to be and at the end always turns out perfect. keep in mind i do them as brand new. each dealer has instructions not to even pull off the plastic just do basic PDI and give it to me just like it left the factory. even 1 wash from some min wage dude to clean it up before delivery will jack paint all up. then once it all sets takes 3 weeks then i clear bra it to protect the pain correction

is it time and $$ yes but thats how i am and wont even drive it until its 100% done. yeah its a raptor so what. i will have over $110K into mine when done, I still treat it like any other car not just a ford truck to beat up but thats just me.

there are my benefits also besides the paint looks like a mirror with gloss you never seen before. i copy this form their webisite. but in summary water and dust does not stick to paint. and i use a foam gun to wash it weekly and leaf blower to get water off so really dont have to touch paint that much which is when you create swirls in paint the most.

The pure silazane Q² Base coating is the hardest automotive coating ever developed. It is a technological breakthrough and requires only one layer. Q² Flexi is a thick and extremely slick topcoat that has set new standards in gloss, hydrophobicity and durable self-cleaning.

this is product i use or should say my detailer use. you have to be certified to get this product.

http://gyeonquartz.com/product/duraflex/

I took some videos of each step this time to show how paint looks direct from factory up to end with final coating on and how glossy it is now. truck is not done yet so thats why missing stuff like fender vents, bumber covers, etc.. easier for my guy to buff it out then put those on when its done.

few pics in garage to show how glossy and mirror like the paint is after cure for 48 hrs

20190311_211501.jpg

20190311_211509.jpg

Viper32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't even know what to say. That looks great, I admire your dedication.

OP
OP
BIGDJE

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't even know what to say. That looks great, I admire your dedication.

thx i know might get blasted for saying WTF its only a ford truck. but i treat it no different them my mclaren

i even had the inside parts paint corrected and ceramic coating not great pic but can see some of parts i did in blue once truck is 100% done will do a detailed write up

20190310_180409.jpg

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn looks good. Palm trees, brand new Raptor, mirror finish on the paint... love it!

OP
OP
BIGDJE

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks amazing. And you painted the fender flares. Love that.

thx

i painted flares, front and rear bumper, fender and hood grills, rear section behind rear flare, husky mud flaps, top of skid plate is blue bottom is powder coat black no more silver, mirrors which turned out great i think from that ruff plastic looks like a factory finish now even inside of mirror so when they fold it still see blue, and about 25 items inside the truck

painted tow hooks orange match springs and my bed tire mount is painted same orange but not installed yet

20190310_182550.jpg

20190310_180315.jpg

20190310_180518.jpg

20190224_150310.jpg

OP
OP
BIGDJE

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
green specs you see in the hood grill the reflection of the grass here is better pic no grass reflection can see the pearl of paint showing in this pic

20190224_150117.jpg