2019 Ford Ranger configurator with colors and options went live early

Discussion in 'Ford Articles, News and Media Reviews' started by Mike175, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Mike175

Mike175 Full Access Member

2. RDFTS

RDFTS aka Rick Supporting Member

The link in the article to go to the configurator goes to the Fiesta’s. Same thing as a ranger?

Ranger still showing on Ford’s website as future vehicle

3. POOPonYOU

POOPonYOU Full Access Member

Are you comparing the SuperCab? Based on the picture from the link it shows:

Ranger XL = $24,000
    Ranger XLT = $27,940
    Ranger Lariat = $32,210

On Ford.com they list the F-150 SuperCab for
    XL = $31,790
    XLT = $36,210
    Lariat = $41,015

That's a pretty good difference in price.

Ford was aware of this leak so they must have removed the Ranger Configurator.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  4. Mike175

I guess it didn't take Ford long to take down the site and redirect to the fiesta. Trying to throw us off another week before it goes live.

Looking back more closely I guess I was looking at the 4x4 variant of the Ranger compared to the 4x2 f150.

Not knowing what all specs were selected, but 46,820 seems a bit obscene for a Ranger if you ask me.

POOPonYOU likes this.
  5. Raptorguy1

Raptorguy1 Full Access Member

From what I read, it was accidentally put up and some of the media managed to grab screen shots before it was taken back down. Not the first time I've seen stuff like this happen.

POOPonYOU likes this.
  6. Mike175

I bet they did it "accidentally" to build more interest and buzz ahead of the official launch. Hell it worked on me.

POOPonYOU likes this.
  7. HotLap

HotLap Full Access Member

Just went through the configurator today, while it looks nice, I'm not rushing out to get one any time soon. I'd wait a couple of years and see what Ford adds to the offerings...disappointed there are so few choices for interior colors/materials, wheels, etc. hard to individualize for sure. Spec'd out a Magnetic Lariat Fx4 and if a beefier (black wheel/tire combo) was available, would go a long way towards it looking better. Have seen some great looking recent Tacoma's that look much better than the Ranger. Course Ford may just be waiting to bring over the Ranger Raptor...shame it has the huge RANGER stamped in the tailgate as well as the older style (thick) rear camera/blue oval set up. That takes me back to my 2009 Platinum style...