GEN 2 2019 Faulty Exhaust TSB 19-2286

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MFG

Reaction score
If you google the part number there are several places to by it for around $600 but that is still high. I thought about getting a local wrecking yard to run the muffler on the circuit and see what turns up. You may hit the old needle in a haystack.

pilot

Reaction score
I googled and googled. $800 is the best I could find. I can find the B muffler in the 600s but not the A. If you have a link to the A at $600, please share. I am ready to pull this trigger.

MFG

Reaction score
I googled and googled. $800 is the best I could find. I can find the B muffler in the 600s but not the A. If you have a link to the A at $600, please share. I am ready to pull this trigger.
I stand corrected sir, I was not looking at the A&B at the end. That is really high. I would give a wrecking yard a shot, they can look all over the united states for a wrecked 2019 or 2020 f150 Limited that is wrecked, flood car or a stolen recovered and the muffler assembly may be fine.

84 Sheepdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KL3Z-5230-A is the correct part number. It's important you get the part # with the A at the end. If you order the part with the B at the end you will get the factory Raptor muffler. This muffler is huge and I'm sure that's part of the reason the pricing is so high (material and freight cost).

I honestly wouldn't go the junk yard route unless you are sure the truck was built after this was corrected or that it had been replaced by the dealer. The TSB has a diagram showing how to measure to see if you have the updated part. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10165706-0001.pdf