GEN 2 2019 Faulty Exhaust TSB 19-2286

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How many are getting this TSB done? This is probably one of the better TSBs that Ford has come out with. This seems like a big win for the consumers.

How is it a "win" to have the wrong exhaust installed on your vehicle? The TSB applies to the Limited, not the Raptor.

OP
OP
Beinkounter

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:D
How is it a "win" to have the wrong exhaust installed on your vehicle? The TSB applies to the Limited, not the Raptor.

yeah, I wouldn’t call it a big win, but since both mufflers are for HO EB 3.5 engines, maybe ford should have the quiet muffler as an option on the raptor :D. If it was, I would’ve ordered it!

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
:D

yeah, I wouldn’t call it a big win, but since both mufflers are for HO EB 3.5 engines, maybe ford should have the quiet muffler as an option on the raptor :D. If it was, I would’ve ordered it!

If you should ever decide you want a REAL raptor muffler, I will trade you straight up. Joking/not joking.

OP
OP
Beinkounter

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you should ever decide you want a REAL raptor muffler, I will trade you straight up. Joking/not joking.

my wife drove the truck on the freeway for the first time last weekend, doing 80 mph, her first time ever driving a truck, let alone a raptor. Her reaction was “Wow, sounds pretty smooth for a big truck”. I giggled a bit. she doesn’t know the whole muffler story.

Kuan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These Limited mufflers sound great on the Raptor.... it is the right sound for the engine. Glad that the dealer got you fixed up.

MattRobPhoto

Reaction score
O M G!!!!!!!!!! THIS is EXACTLY the thread and information I was looking for! When I first bought my 2019 in Sept of 2019 I wanted to "fix" the sound, so I switched out the muffler assembly to Magna Flow... It was "cool" for a while, and now it's just damn ass annoying! Ughhh.... I've since learned that a six will ALWAYS sound like a six regardless of what you do it. It's been a year now and I want to quiet this thing down! THIS is the answer I've been looking for!

Last edited:

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kuan = Sasquatch = MGD.

where is the Sasquatch hunter?

MattRobPhoto

Reaction score
UPDATE on the Part number from my previous post. More very deep and detailed research revealed that the part number for the
LIMITED muffler is:
KL3Z-5230-A The "A" is the key factor in this part number. You have to be SURE that the parts people use the "A." The A is what makes it the Limited muffler. If it has a "B" it's the raptor muffler. Often times the parts guys computer will just spit out a B part number. That is NOT correct. The parts guy will tell you it is. They DO NOT KNOW. Stand firm in your assertion that you must have the "A" part number.

This is the "Rear Muffler and Pipe assembly" The pipe assembly part is defining the two pipes that come in and the two pipes that come out. They connect up to the existing pipes that are there. Nothing connects "directly" to the muffler itself.

The dealers will sell this part for $860.00. It can be ordered online from OEM authorized parts sellers for right around $600.00 - $650.00.

I will order mine tomorrow and will keep everyone posted!