2019 Display freeze with Iphone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Green Goblin

Reaction score
Classic tech reality here - which can drive me crazy, particularly with the seamless plug and play promises of the geek world. Mine locks up whenever I connect my phone to the usb and my truck is already connected to my home WiFi. So I have learned to not plug my phone in until I’m about a block from the house. Otherwise it’s a freezed frame full of iOS and Ford wonders. I have replicated it enough to know there’s an issue there.

OP
OP
Dgt1031

Dgt1031

Reaction score
My phone was unlocked this morning when I plugged it in and it still froze.....I am going to try the suggestion above and wait until I am out of home's wifi range to plug it in........Process of elimination....Thanks for all the suggestions.

usurper

Reaction score
My question part of this, that for about month or two.. when ever my phone connects to truck via BT ( which how I let it connect most all the time now ) the frckn ringer volume sets to the highest possible setting. EVERYTIME. So, when I'm in office, at home, where ever i might be, the phone rings and scares the shit outta me cause full volume ( which also seems off as don't remember it ever being THAT loud. )

I've gone into settings in the truck, and my phone and don't see anywhere that this is a 'setting' . I have an iphone 7+ with current OS (thought it would address the issue, :( ) and an 18 raptor.

anyone else experiencing this with their phones??

No, but the next time it happens, while it’s ringing, turn down the volume with the rotary volume knob. I believe there’s a separate ring volume that should “remember” the setting. Maybe call yourself, then down the volume and then hang up and call again. See if it changes permanently.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, but the next time it happens, while it’s ringing, turn down the volume with the rotary volume knob. I believe there’s a separate ring volume that should “remember” the setting. Maybe call yourself, then down the volume and then hang up and call again. See if it changes permanently.
No, good idea tho.
Thought same thing. I turned ringer down with that knob, also tried to change ring tone to one of sync's crappy ones--thought my phone's were boring lol--
and like said before, tried in settings on both sync and phone. really don't get this one.

usurper

Reaction score

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine freezes in a slightly different way. Doesn't happen all the time. But often when I get in after it's parked all day, once the phone connects via bluetooth, I see it on the dashboard and counting away as if it's making a call. No radio, no nothing else will play. However, the same thing used to happen in my Porsche Macan. I find the only way to stop it is to turn off the bluetooth on the phone for a moment, let it disconnect and then reconnect and hope it doesn't occur again. Usually the "hangup" button has no effect.

Aleks9876

Reaction score
You need to master reset the radio. Sync 3 is a CPU. Remember old Windows PCs that you had to reboot once a day. Or else it freezes? Same thing here.

Hold down Volume knob (Push the center button in) and hold the right button on the right side of the media button for 13 seconds. It will reboot it.

baptizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use CarPlay exclusively because of Waze, connect immediately after start-up, and have never experienced this issue. If I have a connectivity issue it is always related to my iPhone and a reboot corrects it.

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use CarPlay exclusively because of Waze, connect immediately after start-up, and have never experienced this issue. If I have a connectivity issue it is always related to my iPhone and a reboot corrects it.

Same for me. Sync (and Apple) are very picky about using Apple certified cables. Since I swapped I have no freeze problems.

I do have Waze showing a wrong speed and display lighting not dimming at night until i hit a quick “up” and “down” of the dashboard lighting. Both I assume are also Sync issues. Might try the reboot.

18 SCrew Magnetic, Roush CAI. Whipple tuned. SPD adapters, Kooks Green catted down pipes. Kooks mid pipes w/ resonator. HF & VHF Connected.