Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

2019 Cold Air Intake

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by SEMA Guy, May 19, 2019.

1. pierceography

pierceography Full Access Member

To each their own, but imo OP lacks credibility because he made a provocative claim, and when asked for evidence to back it up, he was either unable or unwilling to.

Look at it this way, one of the cornerstones of the scientific community is peer-level review. If I were to assert that the M87 black hole exhibited the behavior you expect to see from the electric universe model instead of the theory of relativity, I would be asked for supporting evidence. But what do you suppose would happen if I were to, instead of providing data, say "Well, I'm a scientist" or "I look at a lot of other gravitational objects too". Yeah...

The moral being, dissenting opinions and/or skepticism shouldn't be viewed as negative.

Also, and I really do mean no offense, but I cannot stress enough how utterly foolish this advice is. Trust is earned and validated; It should never be assumed.

2. SSWIM

SSWIM Full Access Member

3. RAPTERRIER

RAPTERRIER Full Access ON YOUR MOM...!

What does that sound like?

4. TurboTJ

TurboTJ Member

Are you really comparing the Ford Raptor Forum to our scientific peer review process??
    Hahaha! Well we appreciate your honesty.. I guess

5. lawdog

lawdog Full Access Member

Roush says 15hp/18tq on the original youtube video for the 2017, but lists no such claim/specs on the web site and no dyno graph. Take from that what you will, but you'd think a premier performance company like Roush would have access to a dyno to show their part makes a difference. Roush doesn't even replace the stock air inlet like some others, just the airbox back. They describe the impact as "staggering" on their site and the OP said "incredible", which sounds like pure puffery from both on a vehicle this size making 450 stock, even if the claimed gains are real.

This is America, you can (still pretty much) do and say what you want. However, if you want any performance gain in any way approaching "staggering" or "incredible" on this truck, you'd better be trying a tune.