2019 coil replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moog5050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2019 recently started backfiring and bogging under heavy acceleration. The cobb accessport shows a P0306 code which is a 6th cylinder misfire. I am guessing a bad coil. I am not a mechanic but from the 3.5 ecoboost coil replacement videos I found on line (none of the raptor), it looks like a simple job. For those that have changed coils on their raptor, have you had a difficulty accessing them or other issues, especially the no. 6 (which is drivers side rear cylinder I believe). Thanks

I would bring it to the dealer but they are scheduling out a month.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

moog5050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange that it went bad, have you swapped that coil with another?
I haven't but I am lazy. It was tuned by goosetuned and ran fine until this weekend. Reflashed to OEM and still had the same issue, although to a lesser degree. I am just hoping its the coil and nothing more. For $80, I would rather just swap it and see if it fixes it. If not, I will definitely bring it in under warranty. Every dealer is overbooked right now.

OP
OP
M

moog5050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would replace all the plugs first. You can swap the coil to verify its the problem.
Unfortunately I just got a misfire code for a different cylinder. Now it’s cylinder 1 so I am not so optimistic it’s as simple as the coil. Like I said, not a mechanic but dealers are scheduling a month out. It drives fine if I don’t put it under heavy load.