2019 Center gear shifter light..yes you can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sidewayz

Reaction score
Not having the P R N D M letters lit was driving me nuts. I'm sure it's fine for some but it was dark and just annoying to me. So I used a small piece of RGB led light strip and used the power source from the ambient cup holder lighting. Yes I know it's green in the picture but being RGB I can change it. Thought I'd share for the other OCD people.
Can I inquire as to where you got the RGB strip and what kind? How you mounted it? And I assume its an app to change the colors..

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see what the cost savings from this and other minor feature removals is. My guess would be that it's not entirely about the cost, but that it's another thing that could break, and focus groups didn't really care.

Personally, I love the ability to change LED color in the 2017, and I will definitely miss it if/when I upgrade.
I was VERY disappointed the different color changing ambient lighting package wasn't available when I bought my 2018. Really wanted Red or deep Blue interior mood lighting throughout.

J R

Reaction score
I had a 2020, now driving a 2019 802a.

Did they really adapt and add the light in the 2020. I felt like there was some lighting difference. 2020 addition only?