2019 Best Leveling Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crjdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

NEOGARAGE

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am Curious, I have a new 2019. Why would you advise against a billet strut spacer if someone wants to preserve travel and factory ride?
Because it adds length to the entire strut which over extends the control arms and other important electrical/brake lines.

Perch collars or springs just add preload to the spring itself which is what gives you the lift

crjdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because it adds length to the entire strut which over extends the control arms and other important electrical/brake lines.

Perch collars or springs just add preload to the spring itself which is what gives you the lift

Ok, but even a 1.5 inch spacer is a no go for you? I have had 3 trucks with a spacer lift with never an issue and one with new coilovers that relied on preload for lift. That particular truck was fun to drive... on the pavement. When you got it off road however the suspension banged to full extension. It was no Bueno.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You could do anything you want, there are just consequences.

Just remember your truck has an established amount of travel from the factory. likely set to close to 50% down travel and 50% up travel. Preloading the coil will reduce down travel but gain you up travel keep net travel the same. The starting point changes.

Adding a spacer to the top of the coilover will keep the travel the same but will shift your natural ride height down and allow for you to exceed the factory droop travel.

A vehicle that never sees the extreme ends of its travel will “likely” never see side effects to this other than some premature wear on some components. A vehicle that will see the extreme ends of travel could have some more serious issues such as failures.

For what it is worth I have Geiser springs on bottom perch on my gen 1.

crjdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could do anything you want, there are just consequences.

Just remember your truck has an established amount of travel from the factory. likely set to close to 50% down travel and 50% up travel. Preloading the coil will reduce down travel but gain you up travel keep net travel the same. The starting point changes.

Adding a spacer to the top of the coilover will keep the travel the same but will shift your natural ride height down and allow for you to exceed the factory droop travel.

A vehicle that never sees the extreme ends of its travel will “likely” never see side effects to this other than some premature wear on some components. A vehicle that will see the extreme ends of travel could have some more serious issues such as failures.

For what it is worth I have Geiser springs on bottom perch on my gen 1.

do you know anyone that has had bad results with small spacers and our trucks?

MattHamby598

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you know anyone that has had bad results with small spacers and our trucks?
I had bad results. Did my usual strut spacer leveling kit and hated the ride within 3 miles. (more so over bumpy or rough surfaces such as bad city roads)
changes those out two weeks later for Icon collars and it was much more normal. Changed those out for Eibach springs last week and really like the ride quality now. But hey, if you want an Icon kit for way less $$ than new, I've got one I'll sell you.

NEOGARAGE

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There is a picture out there from TMX Motorsport on what issues spacers cause but I can’t seem to find it.

I don’t push spacers at all, and unfortunately these trucks come with a rear spacer from the factory, which irks me, but Ford designed it.

NEOGARAGE

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok, but even a 1.5 inch spacer is a no go for you? I have had 3 trucks with a spacer lift with never an issue and one with new coilovers that relied on preload for lift. That particular truck was fun to drive... on the pavement. When you got it off road however the suspension banged to full extension. It was no Bueno.
That’s exactly what you don’t want to happen. If you’re jumping the truck at high speeds and having everything bottom out/over extend it’ll cause issues.