2019 Bead Lock Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coyote Raptor

Reaction score
I just picked up my first Raptor last week. Needless to say, I am full force into researching upgrades and modifications. The truck has the 2019-2020 bead lock capable wheels. I originally thought that I would replace the "beauty rings" with something that looks more like a real bead lock ring, but in matte black (aesthetic wise, one of my goals is for the whole truck to be grey with black accents). However, when looking at the prices for the beauty rings, I might as well go ahead and get functional locking rings. Has anyone used a different brand of locking rings other than Ford Performance? Any other suggestions for "beauty rings"?

Thanks!

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I took my 2019 BL trim rings and had them power coated to look like the actual bead locks (light), but you could go with a different color. IMO going black will be a waste as they will just blend in with the tire and the remaining wheel will look unfinished.

Mikee Martin

SVC. Krazy House Customz. JDM. Seaside Superbikes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those beadlocks look really nice! Do you actually beadlock the tires or have them on the inner-rim and have the beadlocks on there for looks?
The tire bead goes in between the rim and the lock. Use plenty of Antisieze and a lot of patience. I also purchased hundreds of special bolts, gold in color, with large blue anodized valve stem caps, just for the finishing touches and make the air easier to get in and out...use the low pressure to your advantage...and hammer on the skinny pedal..