2019 B&O Stereo upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great and I bet sounds incredible! How do you like the sub? Do you have a rolling concert in your truck now? Never had a DSP on any system so curious what trickery it will be able to add.

Kraftei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much for a setup like this... out of my four cars the raptor has the worst sound system... The Trackhawk/STi/Z06 all outshine it... Was wondering if i can get more out of the system while keeping all stock functionality.... Any well known installers in the north east you can recommend as well?

I just read this post, I had commented on my post about my disappointment in the stereo. It sounds like a loud am radio to me, equal to a typical work truck stereo. I thought maybe I got a base stereo by mistake when I did not select the lane departure option. Now it looks like I have the "best stereo".

Last edited:

two24studios

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds amazing

Would you mind sharing what you spent on this setup? I am interested in doing something very similar... but would rather have a sub hidden behind the rear seat rather than underneath... Limits the size of the sub you can do though. Anyways, love the setup, looks great and professionally installed. I bet it sounds incredible.

Palmetto_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a plug and play replacement for the B&O system subwoofer? I don't want to do the under seat sub because I like the Storage compartment I have added under my seat. Can the speaker itself in the existing sub be replaced with something that would have more punch?

Bryantbjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve looked quite extensively and could not find any plug and play options. Crutchfield got me excited at one point, however, the fine print says it does not work with auto start. Ugh!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’ve looked quite extensively and could not find any plug and play options. Crutchfield got me excited at one point, however, the fine print says it does not work with auto start. Ugh!

I’ve got a ’17 but I can tell you that with power going to 2 amps, every time the truck starts, both amps take a huge voltage drop while the truck is starting (go figure). If you just pulled speaker level inputs like on the ’17/Sony, the stock amp cuts bass while the vehicle is off, so the amp isn’t pushing any real signal. But once a signal processor keeps that signal alive, it’s pretty evident the starter taxes the battery pretty hard.

auto stop can be pretty easily disabled, and I’ve gotten some suggestions to add battery - looks like what @Tim Madden posted above.

I don’t think B&O permits a plug and play / sub option. see @goblues38 discussion on his upgrade.