2019 802A

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DFS

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is not the history; those are simply open recalls. Since 21N03 is open, that means 21B10 was performed within the required timeframe to receive the extended coverage (21N03). 21N08 will also remain open; it’s only for trucks that has a shudder issue after 21B10, which is rare.
Thank you sir. On test drive, the truck exhibited rough idle, and questionable transmission shifts. Dealer wouldn't accommodate my request to do a TCM reset and subsequent test drive so I walked away. Didn't think a TCM reset was out of line since they are asking $73,000 in a market that is softening majorly. They also refused to entertain throwing in a warranty (now expired), despite their pricing. So just not a lot of value for me in the vehicle at 2019 MSRP in 2022 and 25,000 miles later.

As always, thanks for your great contributions to the forum.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DFS

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How was the powerboost? I was interested for a bit but like my Raptor too much. In regards to your question, yes that recall work wouldn't scare me and I would buy.
Powerboost was excellent, I regret selling that truck. I am weary of too much technology though, not that I have good reason to be, just overly cautious. I came from process engineering and can testify first hand experience to how a few small systems failing can cripple a full production line or vehicle, and have been in my own head a long time. Hard getting back in a 2019 Raptor after having the massive displays and wireless carplay in the Powerboost and Tundra.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at getting back into a Raptor after my 2020 scared me out of them. Looking at a local single owner 2019 802A with 24,*** miles. Here is the cam phaser service history which concerns me, looking for advice.

9/13/21
  • Program #21N08 PCM REPROGRAM DUE TO ENGINE SHUDDER
11/24/21
Program #21N03 CAM PHASERS

Would this be indicative of the phasers update being too late, and therefore being replaced retroactively? Should I expect any further shudder or cam phaser issues?

My 2020 had the head unit and center display go black on me 4 times in one month at irregular intervals. Service department never replicated, so I got concerned with parts availability should the truck have major electrical issues and got rid of it.

Thanks for your thoughts.
How did you get rid of it, hopefully not to some poor guy buying his dream truck only to have it black out on him with major electrical issues?

OP
OP
DFS

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you get rid of it, hopefully not to some poor guy buying his dream truck only to have it black out on him with major electrical issues?
Sold it to dealer, problem was with my iPhone the entire time. Problem was recurring in 2022 truck as well, after a later software update, the problem was remedied and never happened again. My Raptor was fine, and very well maintained. Now I just wish I had known the root cause before getting rid of it

jeanco

2019 scab
Supporting Member
Reaction score