2018 with Hesitation when Cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remote start my truck, let it idle down, drive 1 block, apply throttle in 2nd gear, engine revs to 2k, then hesitates or stalls and rpm's drop to 1k on medium throttle. Once I let off throttle and it warms up, truck drives fine. Started doing it a few weeks back. Any ideas?

Truck has 3500 miles running 93 octane and I rarely drive it. I try to avoid dealers at all cost.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Put some fresh gas in it. As mentioned, check the oil level.

Stay out of boost until the oil gets up to op temps.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
how long has the truck been running? Until the water temp gets to 175 degrees, it will stutter and jerk a little as the temps come up.

which is totally normal for a performance motor.

OP
OP
Y

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how long has the truck been running? Until the water temp gets to 175 degrees, it will stutter and jerk a little as the temps come up.

I usually remote start it until it warms up and idles down. My guess is it started doing around 3K miles. Does it at the same corner on my street now almost every time. It will rev to 2K rpm, then act like it not getting any fuel, apply medium throttle and it just goes flat back to 1K rpm. Once I let off the throttle, it runs fine.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Totally normal for a baby “performance motor” sorry....i drive a raptor but also have affinity for GM small block V8s ;-)

Reaction score
I have a 2018 screw with 22,000 miles on it
It’s been to the dealer 4 times already for hesitation problems
They have replaced the turbo charger they are really lacing the throttle body right now they don’t know what to do about the truck
I have contacted a lemon law attorney and started the process
They need to put a v8 back in this vehicle to run correctly
Also it sounds like a match box car

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Since you rarely drive it, may be a battery issue? I would slap a trickle charger on it overnight and see if it makes any difference on the first drive. May be that driving it for a while gets the voltage up to *****, then letting it sit for a few days is enough to cause an issue?

Maybe not, but easy enough to try.