2018 transmission issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018 with 65,000 extended warranty miles having severe transmission problems shifting all over the place doesn’t know what gear It wants to be in shuttering bucking limb mode. anyway it’s back at the ford dealership waiting for them to give me there diagnosis, they took it for a test drive and took it in with no problem gave me a rental car and said they get to it ASAP.

rap_is_on

Reaction score
I’m taking my 2018 to Ford tomorrow. Having issues with slippage and jerking when up and downshifting mainly in the lower gears 2nd-5th. We’ll see how it goes.

OP
OP
M

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018 with 65,000 extended warranty miles having severe transmission problems shifting all over the place doesn’t know what gear It wants to be in shuttering bucking limb mode. anyway it’s back at the ford dealership waiting for them to give me there diagnosis, they took it for a test drive and took it in with no problem gave me a rental car and said they get to it ASAP.
Well 12 days later they fixed it some sort of shift cylinder a whole bunch of parts, clutch plates ect a list of parts no charge plus they took care of the rental car, extended warranty works!
Ken Grody Ford Buena Park CA takes care of their customers!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m taking my 2018 to Ford tomorrow. Having issues with slippage and jerking when up and downshifting mainly in the lower gears 2nd-5th. We’ll see how it goes.
Welcome to the place, how did it go at the dealer and which dealer did you take it to?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well 12 days later they fixed it some sort of shift cylinder a whole bunch of parts, clutch plates ect a list of parts no charge plus they took care of the rental car, extended warranty works!
Nice to see some positive feedback on a dealer for a change, lol.

C3_AG

Reaction score
My experience has been the same so far with a Gen 2 that I have under consignment for a client. Bucking primarily during downshifts at lower speeds. Based on my limited diagnosis skills it appears as though the issue occurs around 3rd gear. It's currently back at Ford (they just replaced all of the spark plugs and coilpacks in an attempt to "fix" the issue) however I'm not holding my breath that they'll be able to resolve it as they clearly didn't road test the car after the recent service.

@mad man do you mind posting up your service report showing what all they actually replaced? May be a good thing to have before I get feedback from my local dealership since the issues seems to be similar.

Thanks,

Chris

gen2genY

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this is an aging thread, but @mad man Have you experienced any issues since getting this work done? I am at a point where I need to take it to the dealer and I’m hoping they handle mine the same way and just fix it.