GEN 2 2018 Sync is DOA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dgr810

dgr810

Reaction score
The other odd thing is that the Compass has been stuck at N for a few months now. When locating the truck on the Fordpass app it places it on the southern magnetic pole in good ol antartica.

OP
OP
dgr810

dgr810

Reaction score
Yup nothing has worked. Just pulled the negative lead off the batt for 15 mins. Still no life. She goes in on weds but long out of warranty now. Hoping it’s just a software glitch but not banking on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My sync infotainment system is totally dead. Tried pulling the fuse and the power and forward seek reset and nothing but a black screen. Anyone else have this issue? What was the cause? This truck has had so many issues ...

Do you have any aftermarket equipment installed? Which fuse did you pull/check? What other “issues” are you referring to?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Mine did this once on the way home from the range, nothing I did would get it to respond. I resigned myself to my fate, was going to schedule a stealership visit and next morning it was fine.

<knock wood> it never did it again.

OP
OP
dgr810

dgr810

Reaction score
According to the diagram looks like fuse 32 is the sync fuse in the passenger side footwell.

My other issues:

Significant oil consumption at idle - Driver side turbo replaced

Moisture in a couple of the side marker leds - replaced lights

Transmission would hold in a gear - clutch module needed replacing although that hasn’t seemed to have totally remedied itself

Exhaust tips started to rust after 2k miles - replaced system under warranty

2 sway bar end links needed replacing after 10k miles

That’s all I can remember for now. Had the truck for a year and a half and it’s an awesome vehicle but is by far the most problematic new car I’ve ever owned.

OP
OP
dgr810

dgr810

Reaction score
Also this is the only vehicle I own that has nothing on it aftermarket wise other than wheels.

OP
OP
dgr810

dgr810

Reaction score
Mine did this once on the way home from the range, nothing I did would get it to respond. I resigned myself to my fate, was going to schedule a stealership visit and next morning it was fine.

<knock wood> it never did it again.
Must have scared her into cooperation like a dog to the vet.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Like you, I tried a bunch of different things and the truck was fairly new when it happened. I drove home with the whole assembly dark - dash cluster was fine, but sync was gone.

Next day it worked like nothing ever happened.
so, give it a wakeup before you waste a visit, but the compass issue sounds like something is broken.

OP
OP
dgr810

dgr810

Reaction score
Like you, I tried a bunch of different things and the truck was fairly new when it happened. I drove home with the whole assembly dark - dash cluster was fine, but sync was gone.

Next day it worked like nothing ever happened.
so, give it a wakeup before you waste a visit, but the compass issue sounds like something is broken.
Yeah it’s been black for a couple of days now. When it first started it was a delayed boot up. Would turn on after maybe 2 mins of driving. And throughout the day it got worse. The hard reset brought it back to life once but after that nothing and been that way for a couple days.