2018 Steering Wheel Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

orlandotommy

Reaction score
Just bought a very expensive carbon fiber custom replacement steering wheel for my 2018. I know there are videos on Youtube on how to take the wheel off but i haven't seen any showing how to take a Gen 2 Raptor steering wheel off. The confusion on my end is there are no visible holes to pop the airbag unless they are located inside the paddle shifters on each side?

Let's assume that's the case and i pop the airbag off and im able to remove the steering wheel... the new wheel i bought has spaces for the paddles but i'm unsure of how they attach to the new wheel, keep in mind the new wheel is OEM (just dressed up fancy).

I guess what i'm getting at is, has anyone done this and is there any videos on doing something like this with a gen 2 steering wheel.

The guy that sold me this is nowhere to be found now but the wheel is a quality wheel, so rather than deal with sending it back and all that BS i was going to try and install it...

mamula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it to professional. If you paid that much for it, you can afford paying them to install it for you!

Trackar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be the same as any f-150 steering wheel removal, you will just have an extra connection for the paddles to undo. I believe once you get the plastic covers off, the screws holding the paddles will be visible.

1st step with the battery is very important! Don't overlook it!