2018 Single Sub install help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a 2018 with the B&G sound system. Id like to add a AMP to power a sub. But Im not sure what line to pick my input signals from.

Most of the AMP install stuff is for the 2017's. Most threads I read say to pull from the rear speaker lines in the B pillars. Some have mentioned to use the subwoofer lines off the harness pre amp.

Since I have a subwoofer already, wouldn't I want to tap into the subwoofer lines PRE AMP? Cant I just pull the connector going into the stock amp and tap/cut the subwoofer channels for input into my LOC?

Thank you in advance.

BW

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you are fine getting signal from the oem sub. just make sure to get both sets of lines. the oem is a dual voice coil sub. just know that the sub is the most effected signal from the amp so it will probably affect the sound coming oit at higher volumes

OP
OP
BIGW0RM

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you are fine getting signal from the oem sub. just make sure to get both sets of lines. the oem is a dual voice coil sub. just know that the sub is the most effected signal from the amp so it will probably affect the sound coming oit at higher volumes

Thank you for confirming this. I was on another thread asking about this too. They said the same thing. My plan is to either add a kicker shallow mount to the stock B&G enclosure and have it powered off a small JL amp. Or I might put a underseat sub in there and just remove the stock sub all together.

I just wanted to know what lines where best to use for adding ONE sub. At first, I thought the sub lines went into the amp and out the same way. Ive found out that they come in a strange way and only come out of the AMP with 2 channels for each separate voice coil. So I cant grab them PRE AMP.

But now that I know I can just use the AMP to sub output lines at the green connector, I will do just that.

Thank you very much.