2018 Screws $6000-$7000 off of sticker in Ohio.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see why some of you guys think its fishy. 19s are coming out with some improvements, so it only stands to reason dealers will want to clear their inventory.

I just bought my 18 for almost 5k under sticker, pick it up this weekend.

Great deal for you!

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers are broken down in to regions. If the region experiences a slow down in X type of vehicles not selling, the regional center can authorize a dealer incentive (one that the dealer gets for selling the vehicle) that enables them to "take a loss" when in reality they are getting X dollars back from Ford for selling that type of vehicle.

Also, some companies incentive sales for how many cars they can sell in a month. If the dealer sells so many cars, Ford will give them a cash back deal. When they start calculating the numbers of vehicles sold, and they are coming up short on their final number needed to get the incentive they will take a loss on some vehicles to hit their incentive.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These guys definitely need to get a better internet marketing manager if they cannot sell Raptors at $5k off and need to discount them even further. My guess is they are probably too cheap to pay for Autotrader ads and end up losing thousands of dollars because they don't want to spend a few hundred.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not here to care if you think it’s fishy or not. I’m trying to help someone out. Please don’t put doubts in a persons mind when they could potentially be getting a good deal. They can call the dealership themselves and ask. They have been selling all summer at $5000 under sticker when they have had them setting on their lots for a bit. They all are fully loaded, every option. Probably why they set for so long. Very few buyers what a Raptor with every option when it brings the sticker to $74k and change. When I built my truck online in April, the price that came up with everything included, including dest charge, that was the same price at Klaben ford. Exactly what was on the window sticker. They took $5000 off of that price. No trade in. Straight cash down payment.

Please search back through my history. You will see when I posted about buying my truck. Don’t tell me you paid over sticker and are sore about it now......

First, I'm calling BS on your statement of, "Very few buyers what a Raptor with every option when it brings the sticker to $74k and change". Please share your numbers to back this up.

Second, so just because you disagree with my reasoning for being skeptical means I should stop voicing my opinion? Um, no thanks?

Good for you for getting a great deal, and if others can get it (as I've already noted), then good for them too. But providing words of caution based on sound logic should not be discouraged just because we don't share the same opinion.

OP
OP
O

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, I'm calling BS on your statement of, "Very few buyers what a Raptor with every option when it brings the sticker to $74k and change". Please share your numbers to back this up.

Second, so just because you disagree with my reasoning for being skeptical means I should stop voicing my opinion? Um, no thanks?

Good for you for getting a great deal, and if others can get it (as I've already noted), then good for them too. But providing words of caution based on sound logic should not be discouraged just because we don't share the same opinion.

Well I don’t have numbers and frankly don’t give a shit about numbers, not give a shit about your opinion. You don’t like it, go to another topic and troll it. Or yet, go over to FB, join the gen 2 raptor group and post you love the stickers and glad that you paid $2k for them. Then see your numbers. People seem to post they hate them. I was basing my statement off of the salesmans discussion with potential buyers. Most tell him they don’t want the stickers. Call him and ask him for the numbers then.

I could care less if anyone buys the trucks from them. Just wanted to throw the info out there, based off of factual, sound logical information I was given. Not a “hunch” to be skeptical because I did not call the dealer and find out the details before I decided to post about it. If you really wanted to help people you would have done your homework and called about it first. I went through my share of bait and switch dealers before I found my truck. These guys were the most honest to work with. Do they tell the whole truth, who knows. No dealer will. But at the end of the day, my truck was $5k off of the sticker. No BS involved.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I don’t have numbers and frankly don’t give a shit about numbers, not give a shit about your opinion. You don’t like it, go to another topic and troll it. Or yet, go over to FB, join the gen 2 raptor group and post you love the stickers and glad that you paid $2k for them. Then see your numbers. People seem to post they hate them. I was basing my statement off of the salesmans discussion with potential buyers. Most tell him they don’t want the stickers. Call him and ask him for the numbers then.

I could care less if anyone buys the trucks from them. Just wanted to throw the info out there, based off of factual, sound logical information I was given. Not a “hunch” to be skeptical because I did not call the dealer and find out the details before I decided to post about it. If you really wanted to help people you would have done your homework and called about it first. I went through my share of bait and switch dealers before I found my truck. These guys were the most honest to work with. Do they tell the whole truth, who knows. No dealer will. But at the end of the day, my truck was $5k off of the sticker. No BS involved.

So when you're unable to back up your assertion, you suddenly "don't give a shit about the numbers"? Mmmkay.

But for someone who doesn't "give a shit", you sure got angry in a hurry. What's with all the emotional attachment?

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So when you're unable to back up your assertion, you suddenly "don't give a shit about the numbers"? Mmmkay.

But for someone who doesn't "give a shit", you sure got angry in a hurry. What's with all the emotional attachment?

He doesn't need to backup any numbers, you do. He came here posting a deal his dealer is offering, nothing more. You came in here saying that's impossible because the dealer would be taking a loss. What numbers do YOU have SPECIFIC to this dealer that backup YOUR assertion that they are taking a loss? Unless you have inside information from this dealer that prove OP is lying, you should probably just shut the **** up.

OP
OP
O

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll be the bigger man here then, enough of the high school I’m a bad ass because I can type whatever I want on web and post it back and forth childish nonsense. I have no numbers, am will not have any. Again, just going by the info given. If someone is looking for a deal on a new 2018 fully loaded Screw, they can call the dealership. If not, so be it.

Pierceography, if your not happy with this, please just go to another thread then. I’m only trying to help a potential fellow Raptor owner out.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine for 6k off msrp. My dealer sold 3 with a sticker of 71k for 65k. I believe he's got 1 more 18 coming in he's probably going to sell 6k off. There not hard to find if you know where to look and have cash to get out if state. $100 doc fee is all I paid plus airfare. He even picked me up from the airport.

Last edited: