2018 Screws $6000-$7000 off of sticker in Ohio.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a text from the dealer I bought my 18 Screw from. Said they have two 18 Screws, fully loaded, a leadfoot and a ruby red that they will sell for $6000-$7000 off of sticker. Maybe they will negotiate more, I don’t know. I have no affiliation with them, just looking to pass on the deal.

Klaben Ford
Kent, Ohio
330-673-3139

Chris Volk
(928) 276-0722

Last edited:

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's wierd. My dealer did the same thing after I bought mine!

They texted me that I could buy another one cheaper now.

OP
OP
O

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not asking me to buy another, just to put out that he has them on the lot and he wants to move them. I fixed the original post to show $6000 to $7000 off of sticker. Thought it would be understood. I forgot to clarify.

Bought mine in April for $5k off sticker, so “yeah bro”, it’s no ********. I’ve also helped them move a couple at $5000 off of sticker. Just trying to help someone looking for one right now.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$5,000 below MSRP is selling at cost. $6-$7k below MSRP is selling at a loss. It's also interesting that you said "sticker" and not "MSRP", as the two can be different. I'd be willing to bet the dealer is pulling a retail bait and switch; Marking the vehicle up then putting it on "sale".

You've also posted this in more than one category, so this entire thing smells fishy.

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems legit. You can see from his previous posts that he let everyone know that there was a Raptor available for $5000 off. Great deals.

Verruckt

Reaction score
I don't see why some of you guys think its fishy. 19s are coming out with some improvements, so it only stands to reason dealers will want to clear their inventory.

I just bought my 18 for almost 5k under sticker, pick it up this weekend.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's fishy because of the economics. Selling an '18 at $2k under MSRP because the '19s are now in production I understand. But selling at $7k under MSRP when dealer invoice is $5k under MSRP is a loss. I get needing to move inventory, but that's a tactic you take with a baseline Escape or Fusion. Seems like this dealership will be adjusting their stock numbers for this model year.

If it's legit and folks get a great deal, awesome. But my skepticism remains.

4XXFORE_SOCAL

Reaction score
Near invoice pricing is out there...I wasn't too far above invoice myself, which is why I pulled the trigger on the '18 in lieu of ordering a '19. I would think that there is a small window for this to happen, between now and early December, when the 19's start showing up. Once prospective buyers start eyeing the new truck, dealers IMO will not likely discount those, and most likely will mark up. That will undoubtedly drive additional demand to remaining 18s out there. Dealerships will react on that and sell closer to MSRP to create margin.

My .02

OP
OP
O

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's fishy because of the economics. Selling an '18 at $2k under MSRP because the '19s are now in production I understand. But selling at $7k under MSRP when dealer invoice is $5k under MSRP is a loss. I get needing to move inventory, but that's a tactic you take with a baseline Escape or Fusion. Seems like this dealership will be adjusting their stock numbers for this model year.

If it's legit and folks get a great deal, awesome. But my skepticism remains.

I’m not here to care if you think it’s fishy or not. I’m trying to help someone out. Please don’t put doubts in a persons mind when they could potentially be getting a good deal. They can call the dealership themselves and ask. They have been selling all summer at $5000 under sticker when they have had them setting on their lots for a bit. They all are fully loaded, every option. Probably why they set for so long. Very few buyers what a Raptor with every option when it brings the sticker to $74k and change. When I built my truck online in April, the price that came up with everything included, including dest charge, that was the same price at Klaben ford. Exactly what was on the window sticker. They took $5000 off of that price. No trade in. Straight cash down payment.

Please search back through my history. You will see when I posted about buying my truck. Don’t tell me you paid over sticker and are sore about it now......

Last edited: