GEN 2 2018 SCrew Early Experience: Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NHnewbie

Reaction score
Now at 5000 miles; overall, this truck has been flawless. Mileage on trip computer showing 19.5 MPG, with 93 octane, 40 psi tire pressures, 20% highway miles, 80% suburban (not city stop & go), auto start/stop off. Wasn't thrilled with the B&O audio system at first, but after tweaking the settings to my liking, I see little need to upgrade. My complaints are minor and easily fixed if really necessary: OEM tonneau releases difficult to operate with one hand; auto start/stop a pain. Happy camper so far.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Auto start/ Stop is easy to disable. search the threads but you can just disconnect one wire under the dash

only takes a few seconds

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is hilarious how many people on this forum are scared of the rear end moving 1". Personally, things don't get fun until I'm looking out the side windows to see where I'm going.

Asking a question doesn't mean someone is scared? For me, it means I don't have one yet and I want some feedback from someone who does. That's all.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it only disables trailer lights if you have a trailer hooked up to. If you plan on hooking up a trailer you just put the wire back in the connector.

Nothing else is affected at all. For me this is the "right" way to do it

Also it doesn't remove any wires, you're just unconnecting one plug in.

To summarize,

1) it's a free fix
2) no side effects (since I don't trailer)
3) can be reversed in under 2 seconds
4) no possible effect on warranty

So why again do you highly recommend another method????