2018 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lambchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will be dissapointed if Ford does some body reworking for 2017.5 and 2018. I believe 2017.5 will already have further color choices. Good heavens, it's not even here yet!

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are already working on updates for the coming years, the 2017 is old news to them once they built the first one. Personally I don't think there will be much of a change cosmetically or drive train wise. With the Gen 1 they wanted to get the truck to market and could not get the 6.2 ferderal approval so they went with the 5.4 since it was F-150 approved. The 5.4 is a very good motor and performance wise just look at @Kanakry for proof that it is not a handy cap.

The only thing that I don't care for is how the price has risen I guess I am getting old

lambchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't care if they add a v-8 as I prefer the v-6 turbo. Oooh, the sacrilege! My concern is more of a body work / cosmetic difference. I know changes will come, eventually, just hoping nothing too noticeable in short order.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't care if they add a v-8 as I prefer the v-6 turbo. Oooh, the sacrilege! My concern is more of a body work / cosmetic difference. I know changes will come, eventually, just hoping nothing too noticeable in short order.

The changes are to address the issues with dropping concrete and toolboxes into the bed. Notice how it's all focused around that area :crazy:

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering the 2018 F150 is getting a minor facelift that really only changes cosmetics like grill, headlights, taillights and tailgate, Id assume this is the same for the Raptor. I'm actually happy that they will change the look slightly for next year. That will make the 2017 Raptor a one year only design.