2018 Raptor SuperCab Towing help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor420

Reaction score
I am looking for some advice on towing with my raptor. I need to tow my show car, which weighs around 3,000 pounds. I plan to buy a trailer eventually but for now looking to use the Uhaul car hauler. According to Uhaul's website, the trailer weights 2,210. My Raptor does have the RPG 2.25 collar. What do you guys recommend in order to tow the vehicle safely? Would it be a good idea to get something like the Roadmaster Active Suspension to help with sag? Or is it not a good idea to tow this with a supercab? Appreciate the help!

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a **** when it comes to towing anything that outweighs me. When wet your rig will be north of 5,500 pounds, if you do NOT pack more gear like tools or coolers.

Is a two wheel dolly acceptable? Might have to disco a u-joint but should be much less weight than those Uhaul ones. I towed a 3,000 pound car one one of those several times, but was short distances and I had a Screw with stiffer springs (lariat and platinum, not Raptor) so towing capacity was 10-12,000 pounds.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Scab raptors are rated for 6000lbs with a WD hitch so you shouldn’t need to do anything terribly special other than having a WD hitch.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't think you can rig up a WDH to a U-Haul trailer....Just hook it up and try it...again..it it sags so what just tow it!

nukemustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tongue weigh causes sag, not overall trailer weight. As long as the car is loaded properly you shouldn’t have an issue. I towed a Nissan Altima on a uhaul trailer 450 miles no issues whatsoever.

TiNyLoBo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a WDH and regularly tow a 6500 pound RV with no issues.

Mind you, I'd rather tow it with our 250, but I prefer the comfort of the ride in my truck, versus his. =)

OP
OP
R

Raptor420

Reaction score
Thanks everyone that has posted so far. Seems like I wont need the Roadmaster active suspension as the sag should be okay. Is a WDH necessary for my towing needs? They are definitely expensive but I don't mind purchasing if needed. So far from my research on them, it seems like the Anderson one is best as the bar type are said to be noisy. The anderson seems like it would be easier to set up and don't have to run the weight distribution part and can run just the hitch alone when driving with no trailer.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Towed a 20' cargo trailer with my last truck (04' Titan ) set up prerunner style and the rear dropped 2.25"....trailer was about 4700 lbs and no WDH....towed great from LA to Los Vegas...
I've also run the Anderson WDH several times and really liked it..
I'm looking for an 18' cargo trailer right now and if the rear sags too much I'll be running and Anderson....but again won't lose any sleep if it sags a bit....