2018 Raptor rear end squeaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds more like a bushing, or like rubber rubbing against rubber. I had the squeaky leaf springs issue, and it had a high pitch sound to it.

RussS

Reaction score
I have exactly the same issue albeit not quite so loud, it drives me crazy...that being said I off-road mine hard and I’m pretty sure it’s sand in the leaves (they are only a few months old, last set were replaced under warranty so I don’t think it‘s anything more sinister)...I’m going to lift the truck, pressure wash the hell out of them, WD40, and see what happens....if it doesn’t work then Ford can have the damn thing back and fix it for me!!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have exactly the same issue albeit not quite so loud, it drives me crazy...that being said I off-road mine hard and I’m pretty sure it’s sand in the leaves (they are only a few months old, last set were replaced under warranty so I don’t think it‘s anything more sinister)...I’m going to lift the truck, pressure wash the hell out of them, WD40, and see what happens....if it doesn’t work then Ford can have the damn thing back and fix it for me!!
Sand between the leaf packs will result in noise as the springs move. That is a maintenance item, the dealer shouldn’t have replaced the springs in the first place. The proper procedure is to expand the leaf springs by raising the rear end, power wash out the contamination, and dry it with compressed air. Applying WD-40 will only attract more dirt and dust and cause a repeat issue.

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sand between the leaf packs will result in noise as the springs move. That is a maintenance item, the dealer shouldn’t have replaced the springs in the first place. The proper procedure is to expand the leaf springs by raising the rear end, power wash out the contamination, and dry it with compressed air. Applying WD-40 will only attract more dirt and dust and cause a repeat issue.

Yep. Just like your guns, adding lots of lubricant just attracts and retains contaminants. If you lube, use minimal amount to coat for moisture protection more than anything...or don't lube at all.

970rap

Reaction score
Mine started making this exact noise from the rear at some point in the month after taking it off-roading that included a few mud puddles. At first I barely noticed it but it steadily got worse, to the point where you could hear every little flex of the suspension in the cab with the windows down. I had cleaned/sprayed off everything you could see from just standing next to the wheels but had never gotten down and looked from the underside - which looked like a mud bomb went off. Today I took it to the manual car wash and sprayed the leafs and all the connection points with soap and water, heavy on the rear section from underneath the bumper. Tons of muddy water came out and now the sound is completely gone (for now, hopefully for good).

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Today I took it to the manual car wash and sprayed the leafs and all the connection points with soap and water, heavy on the rear section from underneath the bumper. Tons of muddy water came out and now the sound is completely gone (for now, hopefully for good)

@Oldfart: maybe you could invest in a bidet?