2018 Raptor rear end squeaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

honker1122

Reaction score
View attachment trim.A6B78153-0C52-4796-A565-487B60E4F6D8.MOV
My 2018 started squeaking in the rear end months ago and is progressively getting worse. Tough to find the exact location that the squeaking is coming from but definitely leaf springs/shocks, both are stock from the factory. Any suggestions to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

I attached a video of me pushing the rear bumper up and down to get the suspension moving. It sounds awful!!

thanks!

OP
OP
H

honker1122

Reaction score
I have not tried lubing the leaf springs but I will. I’ve never had squeaky leaf springs on any other truck/jeep that I’ve owned. Apparently it’s a common raptor problem.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have not tried lubing the leaf springs but I will. I’ve never had squeaky leaf springs on any other truck/jeep that I’ve owned. Apparently it’s a common raptor problem.
Pressure wash the springs first and let dry, best if you can lift from the frame and let them sag a bit, so you can get in there good.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 6" lift leaf spring pack on a 98 and it squeaked, everyone told me to oil it and I had never heard of oiling the leafs..but it worked

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 198013
My 2018 started squeaking in the rear end months ago and is progressively getting worse. Tough to find the exact location that the squeaking is coming from but definitely leaf springs/shocks, both are stock from the factory. Any suggestions to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

I attached a video of me pushing the rear bumper up and down to get the suspension moving. It sounds awful!!

thanks!
Sounds like an old mattress I had, lol.