2018 Raptor purchase advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WooPig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
true but a set of leaf springs can fix that- and they can tow/haul a lot more than a gen 1.....

difference is when you’re exceeding capacity on a standard 1/2 ton you’re not simultaneously destroying $$$$ shocks & the comfy ride that goes w/ em

I spoke with both Icon and Deaver and neither of their springs have any increase of payload and both companies stated their springs were not built for towing. If you just ask, they will tell you themselves. I asked about 600-700 lbs of tongue weight from my trailer and Deaver said that’s way more than these springs were made to handle. His words. That’s from Scott Born VP operations. He did give me other options, but it would be a custom spring and not off the shelf.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I spoke with both Icon and Deaver and neither of their springs have any increase of payload and both companies stated their springs were not built for towing. If you just ask, they will tell you themselves. I asked about 600-700 lbs of tongue weight from my trailer and Deaver said that’s way more than these springs were made to handle. His words. That’s from Scott Born VP operations. He did give me other options, but it would be a custom spring and not off the shelf.

So ahhh, ummmm, what exactly are the deaver +3 HDs for then?.....

Arctic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the above posters that you definitely need to test drive and see this vehicle in person before buying.

A raptor is definitely not a vehicle you want to buy without looking at it first.

WooPig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So ahhh, ummmm, what exactly are the deaver +3 HDs for then?.....

I guess that’s a question best answered by them. I’m just repeating what I was told. I’m sure they could enlighten everyone as to the specifics. On a side note I’ve been looking at a Carli lift for my new F250 and they have an option to add a set of full progressive Deavers in the rear. With those alone payload drops and you have to add long travel air bags to them to restore the OE payload capacity.