GEN 2 2018 Raptor - Odd Crank/No Start Problem - Video Included

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Howdy friends,

I wanted to post a video along with some context to see if anyone else can help me. Like the title says it's a 2018 gen 2, 66k miles on it and here is the quick run down. In the video you'll see it not starting well with some faulty attempts. Sometimes the cranking feels weak? I'm glad I finally got this intermittent problem on camera finally....

- most of the time it starts fine
- sometimes with auto start enabled it will crank but not start when I’m stopped at a light, etc.
- this happens after it has sat an entire night, and I attempt in the morning - battery is 7 months old and was fully charged. I measure 14.6v at battery when truck runs, and 12.7v when not running. Alternator seems fine and so does battery?
- Now a days i turn off ASS and pray it doesn't happen when I'm away from home
- Sometimes a wrench pops up for the generic drivetrain problem, but disappears after the vehicle is running for ~15 seconds
- No codes seen with OBD diagnostic ran
- Checked what I think is all fuses related to starting in both fuse boxes (under hood by battery, and passenger floor board)
- Battery terminal ends are tight, and non-corroded.
- Remote batteries are new among both remotes I own. Problem has occurred with both remotes with new batteries.

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:
OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Battery connectors are tight, and I just cleaned the ends with sand paper for a fresh connection. I'll edit the post for that information.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be taking the truck directly to the dealer and show your video to the service manager. I don't understand why folks want to attempt trouble shooting things like this when they are clearly covered under warranty. Take it in !!

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Simple answer is time saving, and helping others. My work schedule makes it very difficult to take this thing into the dealership and if I can help others with a solution to my problem that would be great too. Thank you for the input Gdog, may have to use some PTO for this one lol.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple answer is time saving, and helping others. My work schedule makes it very difficult to take this thing into the dealership and if I can help others with a solution to my problem that would be great too. Thank you for the input Gdog, may have to use some PTO for this one lol.
I hear ya on the time issue. Taking PTO is what it's for. Some of us including myself don't take enough time off

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Update!

threw a P068a today. Time to take her in. I’ll update as i get more information.

code meaning
The p068a code ford f150 is for ecm/pcm power relay de-energized performance " too early.