2018 Raptor Magnetic and Beautiful

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Located in Minneapolis, MN. 15 minutes from airport. Will split an airfare for FRF member.

TX truck, has never seen winter. Excellent condition. Clean title.

Loaded. All options except: No graphics. No carbon. No orange upholstery. Adult driven. Meticulously maintained. Never seen salt.

- 33k miles
- $57,500
- Still under Ford warranty. Upgradeable to Ford ESP, 150k mile, 8 year, $0 deductible warranty.
- Magnetic Grey
- Full XPEL Ultimate wrap by SkipChips in Minnetonka. All body panels, plus roof, door handles, pillars, mirrors.
- Twin panel moonroof
- Forged Beadlock wheels
- 802A luxury group
- B&O premium sound system
- Raptor Technology package
- Tailgate step
- Tailgate appliqué
- Heated rear seats
- Heated steering wheel
- LineX spray in bedliner
- Deutsch 6 position connectors fitted to “AUX Switch” and “Pass Through” wires. Plug & play to add accessories to switches.
- “Q-Tip” detail...interior, exterior, wheels, shocks...you can eat off of the engine compartment.
- Looks stunning

348D167E-726C-4AB1-AD6F-9626835E8FA9.jpeg AEF459D2-BB1D-4E71-80C4-F4430EF0BCDB.jpeg C908EF98-E35B-4955-9703-A9DCA199979D.jpeg BD14CA9E-48C2-45B4-B6FE-72CD5DFA1702.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Team FRF...just lowered the price to $57,500. I’m hoping that a FRF member will be the next owner.

My 2020 Raptor is on order, so I need to find a new home for the 2018.

Remember, I’ll split an airfare for a FRF member who buys this beauty.

Last edited:

CraigATX

Reaction score
I am considering a local dealer trade in on 2019 right now, but your truck looks clean. Could you add interior and exterior pics of the truck please? The original window sticker would be really helpful too. A concern with yours is the electrical work you had done might void the warranty for all of the electronics? Thanks!

OP
OP
W

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am considering a local dealer trade in on 2019 right now, but your truck looks clean. Could you add interior and exterior pics of the truck please? The original window sticker would be really helpful too. A concern with yours is the electrical work you had done might void the warranty for all of the electronics? Thanks!
Craig. Thanks for your interest. Where are you located?

The “electrical work” is minor and will not affect warranty.

The work consisted of extending each of the “Aux” and “Pass Through” wires with a foot or so of 14 gauge stranded wire, then attaching Deutsch pins to the extended wires, finishing up with Deutsch connectors and waterproof plugs into the top connector.

The six white plugs in the picture are dust proof, waterproof, protecting the integrity of the connectors.

If you look closely at the picture of the face of the Deutsch connector, you’ll see the numbers 1-6 on the top edge of the connector. #1 on the Deutsch connects to Aux #1, etc. When it’s time for you to add lights, all you’ll need to do is crimp a Deutsch pin to your light wire.

The truck is super clean. It’s got Xpel Ultimate paint protection film on all body panels, except the tailgate. The paint underneath the film is perfect.

There are a few places on the front skid plate where brush took off some of the silver paint. Everywhere else the Xpel film did its job.

I take pretty much perfect care of my vehicles. They always sell to the first person who comes out to look at them.

If you send me your email address and mobile number via private message, I’ll send you more pictures.

Last edited:

CraigATX

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarifications.

I’m located in TX.

Was the car off roaded? Jumped? How often? Any wrecks or damage besides scrapes on the silver paint? Was this ever patched up or repaired to prevent rust?

I’ll PM my info. Thanks!

OP
OP
W

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarifications.

I’m located in TX.

Was the car off roaded? Jumped? How often? Any wrecks or damage besides scrapes on the silver paint? Was this ever patched up or repaired to prevent rust?

I’ll PM my info. Thanks!

Where in TX?

My Raptor was adult driven by me and sometimes by my wife. I’m 69 :) No wrecks, no damage.

Never jumped, driven briskly, but never driven hard. We winter in Terlingua, TX so the truck has seen dust:)

The silver part right below the grill has the scrapes. The scrapes took off the silver paint, leaving the black primer coat in place. Nothing has gone through to bare metal.

If I was to keep the truck I would do what MNFlyer did and repaint all of the skid panels with POR 15. See post #1785. I would never do a quick patch to try to hide anything.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/thr...raptor-today-gen2.59415/page-179#post-1383552

I paid full pop for the truck...$68,995, plus tax/title. Then I had the XPEL film put on for another $3,500.

It’s titled as a TX vehicle.

I’m finishing up the detail today. I’ve got the two rear wheel wells and rear suspension to clean up. I’ll take the spare tire/wheel off too and detail it. I’m changing out all of the lug nuts with brand new Ford lug nuts. I had the XPEL film on the hood and the passenger door replaced this May. The film on the sides of the bed have small flaws. They can either be left as is, removed, or replaced.

It is a very nice truck.

CraigATX

Reaction score
Thanks!

I am in Austin, TX - you coming back this way soon?

Is the xpel only for protecting from rock chips near the bottom of the vehicle or is it a whole wrap? When I looked at Xpel, they had precut sheets for problem areas, or you could do a full wrap. Which one did you go for?

Thanks!

OP
OP
W

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gary...it’s easier to tell you what didn’t get wrapped. The tailgate did not get wrapped.

Otherwise a full wrap, including mirrors, pillars, roof up to the sunroof and headlight surrounds.

I haven’t driven the truck much since May. Keeping the miles down. I store it in a climate controlled classic car garage in the summer. The Raptor got used in Terlingua, back and forth between MSP and Terlingua, and summer vacation. It was never a daily driver. I own a few other vehicles:)

OP
OP
W

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on my 2018 Magnetic Raptor.
  1. I just got done detailing the bed. The Line-X liner looks nearly new.
  2. There must be someone from Orange County that wants this beautiful Raptor.
  3. I paid over $73k for this truck, plus tax/title. Full MSRP of $68,995, full XPEL wrap $3,500, Line-X bed liner $800.
  4. I’m asking $57,500 - that’s $16k less than I paid for the truck.
Search your souls...this is a beauty. This Raptor needs a good home. It would be a pity to have to trade it in to the Ford dealer.

Pictures of bed:

D0AD194A-CBA0-44AE-AB3F-204DE582B827.jpeg

745C4315-56EA-47F2-BE5A-2A9995F1A4C0.jpeg

1A00A4A6-C0AA-4727-879A-A44F0204B1F7.jpeg

C2F4D35C-57F8-4C59-AEDD-D834CF8EFA56.jpeg

02497131-D373-4DC7-AA1D-C8CDE76D4C30.jpeg

Last edited: