2018 raptor king 3.0 vs fox 3.0 vs icon 3.0 vs any other 3.0

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modification' started by Notn41, Jun 18, 2018.

1. OPT PRIME

OPT PRIME Full Access Member

With a stock setup I’ve had the stock 35s rub the wheel well, not sure what more travel would facilitate unless you went more than a Deaver +3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Texas_Hooligan

Texas_Hooligan Member

FWIW...
    I have an '18 SCREW with 10k miles on it and I'll start off saying this is my first raptor and I have been a Chevy guy for ever, my last truck was a '16 LTZ SCREW that I had a Brenthel kit on with Kings, Deavers, shackles etc. Bone stock the raptor was infinitely better. My truck is 50/50 on/off road I work in west Texas and i beat the snot out of my truck daily. I drive the raptor like i hate it and it takes everything i throw at it without skipping a beat. The truck makes me drive like a pissed off teenager. Running up and down lease roads with the traction control turned off enough that I was nearly in need of new tires so naturally I bought some new wheels and decided i wanted to run 37s. I called RPG and got some Deaver +3s, Air Bump Kit and I opted for the Fox 3.0 upgrade front and rear as well. I've had the setup installed on the truck for a little over a week and I have managed to put about 300mi of lease roads on the new goodies and I am quite pleased with the performance I am still tinkering with settings on the Bypass' but all in all its a [email protected]$$ setup. The rears are noisy for sure but no more than the Kings i had on the last truck. I can't say enough about the rear setup, its a completely different truck under power and if you drive your truck like you stole it like i find myself doing the moment traction control gets turned off, it will change your life going to the setup i have. Sure it was spendy but I have about 5k net less into this truck compared to my last Silverado and it isn't even close on which truck performs better off road. I have run Kings exclusively in the past and this is my first run with Fox and I am not disappointed in the least. That said time will be the true test as I tend to be pretty hard on stuff.

Booth9999 and [email protected] like this.
  3. pete888

pete888 Full Access Member

I went with King 3.0

01f4546f0eb2e5b63f0d67051b45cb2201fb9c891d.jpg 01fddb031ba70af8395f16011cb20eb3a64b96fd3d.jpg

4. Texas_Hooligan

Texas_Hooligan Member

I'm instantly jealous of the color, Not that I would trade my current setup for anything. However my first look at the images had me thinking I should have ordered Kings to match.

5. Fusco0520

Fusco0520 Full Access Member

I’m torn between fox and king.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. pete888

pete888 Full Access Member

It was an additional two month wait from their standard color but it was worth the wait.

signalbobby likes this.
  7. Clockton

Clockton Full Access Member

Going to sell my King 3.0 rears in a few months when I go through the bed if anyone has an interest $2,200. SVC bed cage is going as well $1,400

8. signalbobby

signalbobby Full Access Member

Looks great though.

But King Blues pull bitches though... ;-)

9. Booth9999

Booth9999 Full Access Member

Not like gold does....

signalbobby likes this.