2018 raptor king 3.0 vs fox 3.0 vs icon 3.0 vs any other 3.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this increase of travel true? I haven’t seen this claim on the Gen 2’s?

With a stock setup I’ve had the stock 35s rub the wheel well, not sure what more travel would facilitate unless you went more than a Deaver +3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
FWIW...
I have an '18 SCREW with 10k miles on it and I'll start off saying this is my first raptor and I have been a Chevy guy for ever, my last truck was a '16 LTZ SCREW that I had a Brenthel kit on with Kings, Deavers, shackles etc. Bone stock the raptor was infinitely better. My truck is 50/50 on/off road I work in west Texas and i beat the snot out of my truck daily. I drive the raptor like i hate it and it takes everything i throw at it without skipping a beat. The truck makes me drive like a pissed off teenager. Running up and down lease roads with the traction control turned off enough that I was nearly in need of new tires so naturally I bought some new wheels and decided i wanted to run 37s. I called RPG and got some Deaver +3s, Air Bump Kit and I opted for the Fox 3.0 upgrade front and rear as well. I've had the setup installed on the truck for a little over a week and I have managed to put about 300mi of lease roads on the new goodies and I am quite pleased with the performance I am still tinkering with settings on the Bypass' but all in all its a kick@$$ setup. The rears are noisy for sure but no more than the Kings i had on the last truck. I can't say enough about the rear setup, its a completely different truck under power and if you drive your truck like you stole it like i find myself doing the moment traction control gets turned off, it will change your life going to the setup i have. Sure it was spendy but I have about 5k net less into this truck compared to my last Silverado and it isn't even close on which truck performs better off road. I have run Kings exclusively in the past and this is my first run with Fox and I am not disappointed in the least. That said time will be the true test as I tend to be pretty hard on stuff.

pete888

Reaction score
I'm instantly jealous of the color, Not that I would trade my current setup for anything. However my first look at the images had me thinking I should have ordered Kings to match.

It was an additional two month wait from their standard color but it was worth the wait.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to sell my King 3.0 rears in a few months when I go through the bed if anyone has an interest $2,200. SVC bed cage is going as well $1,400

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a friend with king 3.0 on his 2017 and he loved them.

I want a shock that is comfortable for daily driving, not noisy, stable at highway speeds etc. and to raise the truck about 2”. I off-road sometimes but not a ton. But I do want upgraded shocks.

Any experience with these 3 shocks?

Fox and King are comparable shocks. Icon not even in the running. We run Kings because they are great to work with when they need to be rebuilt or revalved.

Like they other member asked, wtf would you buy new expensive shocks if you don’t off-road? Throw on some collars and rear springs for a fifth of the $$.

Last edited: