2018 raptor king 3.0 vs fox 3.0 vs icon 3.0 vs any other 3.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is where the Fox 3.0s shine with with both high and low speed front compression adjustment which allows you to dial in your street (low-speed) and off-road (high-speed) compression.

Yes I know I had them on my gen 1.

The problem was the service from Fox. And the rusting is the cadmium coated bodies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes. At the end of my cross country tour I stopped by SVC Off-road with flattened rear leafs and what appeared to be a loss of .5” off the stock front springs with JC Pony perches. My truck sat more like a standard F150 and well below an FX4.

The following day I picked up the truck from SVC and let me tell you, the truck handles better (excellent steering response), rides smoother, turns better, rolls less, dives less, makes less noise and the bed doesn’t collapse to the tires with 500# of gear in the back, can’t wait to tow with it.

I cannot say enough for the King 3.0 fronts and Deaver +3HDs. Jeff is extremely knowledgeable and when he got into specifics about the needle design of the Kings it instantly reminded me the Ohlin DFVs on my Miata track car, great stuff!!

The front steering used to lose responsiveness above 80 and now its more akin to a purpose built closed course or desert setup.

You will love this setup!

King 3.0 fronts
Stock rear
Deaver +3
35” KO
SVC 2.5 bumpstop

f1bf9a9a1794d3f19d1667f90e0e486b.jpg

a1455ee2ebb46fab6ca71eebd1114e06.jpg

2eb80a58053a7893b94a53af0d081c3d.jpg

9549a0b31b802262a3e473fbf928345c.jpg

Thanks Rich,

Glad your loving the new setup, she was definetly due after checking/crosschecking all the height measurements

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rich,

Glad your loving the new setup, she was definetly due after checking/crosschecking all the height measurements

You guys run a fantastic shop and R&D. One could eat off the floor in that place. Your crosschecking worked. She sits level enough that the tolerance is better than the increments on the tape measurer I used.

Thanks for the help!!

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Öhlins DFV and King IBV work VERY similar. Öhlins is considered the bar by many in the street and road racing scene, factory on quite a few exotics.

When it can time to put coilovers on my Miata I had quite a few choices, QA, Öhlins, Fox, etc. A friend said I could easily get away with 560# front springs on a 2300# car for both street and track use if I went with a quality coilover like Öhlins. I did exactly that and with the quick adjusters the car rides no firmer than a Camaro SS and she’s on rails at the track.

The Kings are VERY similar in the front. Sure, the front is stiffer, but when I cut over obstacles the harshness is no more than the factory Fox’s yet more controllable. Less front to back rocking (by at least 75%) and the tires stay in contact better. Had to make an emergency swerve today as a wooden pallet entered the scene off a semi truck, would’ve been ugly on the stock setup. The Kings don’t make any noise either.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
The circulating oil seems like an advantage to my monkey brain. Also it seems to me that fox has had way more tuning time with the raptor than king has by a wide margin. With all that knowledge I think they would have a way better idea of how to tune the shocks. Also the fox shocks are specifically made for the raptor where the king are a standard build. That would account for the better low speed feeling. Correct me where I’m wrong plz thanks in advance. No one even offers a raptor specific race shock do they?

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a friend with king 3.0 on his 2017 and he loved them.

I want a shock that is comfortable for daily driving, not noisy, stable at highway speeds etc. and to raise the truck about 2”. I off-road sometimes but not a ton. But I do want upgraded shocks.

Any experience with these 3 shocks?

Anyone looking at replacing brand new Fox shocks on a Raptor clearly has more money than brains.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone looking at replacing brand new Fox shocks on a Raptor clearly has more money than brains.

Or you want to be able to off-road with 37’s, realize collars are too much preload and the factory Fox’s aren’t valved for the Geisers.

I agree the factory setup is incredible, I spent hundreds of miles at my limit and the truck is way ahead of me. At the end of the day it’s a long truck and I need and want the clearance increase. That requirement is even more so on the South where it’s 99% technical.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score