2018 Raptor Engine Upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Joeeyyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All,
Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate the help. I'm prepared to purchase the Cobb unit with a tune from a highly recommended tuner. I have exhausted the tuner with all my questions and they have been very patient and very responsive. To conclude my research of this item and give me a little more "peace of mind", I want to ask the end users. Also, let me apologize for my naive sissy questions, but I just purchased a 2018 Screw raptor after being longtime admirer. My goal is to "wake the truck up" a little more performance is desired. Then maybe next year buying an IC. My truck still has the factory powertrain warranty. I do not want to void it or cause short/long term damage to my engine. Has anyone used a tune consistently for more than a year, on a daily driver that mostly sees surface streets, any warranty issues, and negative experiences from the install?? Post or shoot me a PM if you have a negative experience, engine issues, transmission issues, stock IC issues, over heating issues, and driveline issues.Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Joeeyyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The most ideal 3-4 MPT tunes to choose, please share your recommendations. I received my gauge and now have to choose my tunes. I originally talked with them about 93PRX, 91Tow, and 30%E85.

My truck is a 7 mile daily driver, stop and go environment, and maybe 6 times a month at most on the freeway. I want the driving characteristics from my truck that everyone describes after getting a tune, but undecided, which will best fit my application..

My first conversation with MPT, they suggested the 91 tow as my daily driver tow, but I'm thinking I should go with the 93PRX, 91PRX, and 91 TOW. I live in Arizona and do not have 93 readily available. Any input is greatly appreciated.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can’t get 93 regularly, why are you considering getting that tune?

Hdaniel85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've had a tune for about 6 months now and it's my daily driver. No issues whatsoever from the tune, it really has woken the truck up, I have a 93 Octane tune. I can only get 91 in my area, so I mix it with about 4-5 gallons of E85 and its comparable to 93 Octane. I have the COBB AP, so it was preloaded with a couple of other tunes but I had mine custom tuned from Goosetuned. He was extremely pleasant to work with and I'd highly recommend him for any EcoBoost tuning needs.

OP
OP
J

Joeeyyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can’t get 93 regularly, why are you considering getting that tune?

I thought it might be in some areas between AZ and California, but after further research it sounds not a realistic option. I will probably go with 91 PRX, 91 TOW, 89 PRX