2018 Raptor Audio Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought there were problems with that 12" screen, especially if you use it for NAV. Has that been worked out?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
My understanding from my limited perusing of that thread - as I’m not interested in it - is that the Sync functions all pass through, it’s the tablet functions that are a little funky.

I believe the PAC vs. Navtv modules is a preference issue, maybe someone with more audio experience would opine.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought there were problems with that 12" screen, especially if you use it for NAV. Has that been worked out?

My Nav works just fine. There was an issue with the cable some folks were getting, but that has been resolved. Other issues depends a bit on what year and package you have on your Raptor, what version of the software you have, etc. The reality is that Phoenix Automotive and their Chinese supplier are offering screens for a rather wide variety of makes and models, don't do a ton of QA before releasing software, have terrible documentation and videos, and are generally disorganized. The result is that some people have relatively few and manageable issues, while others find it completely unusable. I'm in the former category myself.

I have a 2017, so I couldn't really tell you whether you need PAC, NAVTV, either, or neither.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the pac piece works with the sony system. the nav tv piece works with b&o. the pac piece retains the oem amp and the nav tv replaces the oem amp. pac gets installed behind the dash. nav tv gets installed in the rear. same truck, different models. so depending on if you have sony or b&o will determine what you need.if you have an 18 with b&o you can remove the oem amp and mount all your new equipment there. i just did an install with the nav tv a sound processor and 2 amplifiers.

IMG_20190909_133212.jpg

OP
OP
J

johnlocal3

Reaction score
the pac piece works with the sony system. the nav tv piece works with b&o. the pac piece retains the oem amp and the nav tv replaces the oem amp. pac gets installed behind the dash. nav tv gets installed in the rear. same truck, different models. so depending on if you have sony or b&o will determine what you need.if you have an 18 with b&o you can remove the oem amp and mount all your new equipment there. i just did an install with the nav tv a sound processor and 2 amplifiers.

View attachment 129152

Thank you very much for the info, I’ll pass it along. At this point I’m gonna forgo the New touch screen head unit and just do the full speaker, amp sub upgrade. I can always add the new head unit later on when they iron out the bugs.

The work will be getting done on the 24 and 25th of the month. I’ll post an update when it’s done. I also opted for the 2x 10” subs instead of the 1x 12”.

-John

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another question for you guys. My installer has the Pac-Audio AP4-FD21 picked out. I see a lot of you guys are all running the Nav a2b instead. Is there any reason for this ? The PAC audio seems to be a little cheaper. When I checked crutchfield it said my 2028 raptor with the B/O system is compatible with the Pac-Audio AP4-FD21.

Thoughts ?

Thanks,
John

Go to the PAC web site.

https://pac-audio.com/2017/11/08/new-amppro-from-pac/

It clearly states, compatible with SONY AMPLIFIED stereos. the B&O units are different. Have to use the NAV-TV unit. No way around it.

And keeping the sony amp in the chain is like having s3x with 2 condoms on. gross.

OP
OP
J

johnlocal3

Reaction score
Go to the PAC web site.

https://pac-audio.com/2017/11/08/new-amppro-from-pac/

It clearly states, compatible with SONY AMPLIFIED stereos. the B&O units are different. Have to use the NAV-TV unit. No way around it.

And keeping the sony amp in the chain is like having s3x with 2 condoms on. gross.

Yeah we are switching to the Nav Tv. Condoms, haven’t seen one of those since health class...