GEN 2 2018 Raptor 3.5 liter Valve Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As of 4/12/2023 8300 on back order nationwide for the drivers side valve cover. Passengers side is available. I have 6 customers waiting for one.

Don't even get me started on 2.7 ecoboost oil pans. I have a customer who's 2.7 has a huge crack in his oil pan, bad enough it is not drive able. It has been sitting in the back of my lot since early last November and I/the customer are being told maybe by Christmas this year.

Jeep Cherokee 3.0 diesel (why would anyone own one???) particulate matter sensor 9-12 months, it has been 3 months and the customer is loosing his shit.

my wife's personal Taurus SHO needs a water pump, on the FWD 3.5 engine the water pump is driven by the timing chain. I like to do timing chain, guides and tensioner when I do water pumps on these engines. I also like OEM parts, Called Monday to get all the parts required, everything in stock except the timing chain itself, told 8-10 months. Found a Cloyes from one of my other vendors.

I could go on for days. I am tired of it also. What I am also tired of is un-understanding customers who think me and my staff are incompetent and think we are either stupid, lying, lazy, don't care or any combination of those. Customers who have told me "I bet I can find it (stating ebay, amazon, the internet or "i have a friend who works at xxxxx") not one **** so far has walked in with a part for me to install.

Jeep guy was arrogant enough to send screen shot of "MoparPartsGiant. com" that said sensor was "available". I tried to tell him that "available" is not "in stock" he wouldn't believe me so he ordered from them, 2 months later no sensor and they won't return his money (charged CC instantly) because the order has not been completed. ( i think once it arrives he can return and get refund). I told him, I guess who's ever sensor gets here first we will use. Most likely be mine since I have a 4 week head start.

I have had customers call my suppliers/vendors acting like shop owners making sure I am not lying. Then my vendor calling me and asking who is this guy and where did he get our number??

People are Ephing retarded thinking I am playing a game withholding parts for repairs.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh and don't forget IWE's, they have been on backorder for months and still are. Customer of mine has been waiting for 8 months for one from Ford, because his 2018 was still under power train warranty last year. He was told at least 8 more months, so he gave up and had me install an aftermarket one last week so he could have his 4x4 back.

last June had a customer come in with noise in the front axle of his Ram 3500, turns out he had broken 5 teeth of the ring gear. It was still under warranty so we sent him to the dealer. Sat at the dealer for 9 months, he just picked it up about 3 weeks ago.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That I don’t know it is the only company I’ve seen that sell custom valve covers for Raptors.
He should call RMB, but here is my educated take in it. I could 100% be wrong.

RMB's website says under construction, so again could be wrong.
The picture shown under "custom PAINTED valve covers" show a valve cover for the 2016 and older 3.5 ecoboost, starting in 2017 the valve cover was redesigned along with the intake manifold and the valve cover now has part of the intake runners molded into it, it is this redesigned valve cover that cracks on the drivers side and creates an oil leak. I believe I have never seen a 2019 or newer crack, just 2017 and 2018.

I am all but certain that RMB is taking OEM valve covers and having them "painted" I could be wrong.