2018 or 2019?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are any of the 2019s post-cam phaser tsb? If yes I’d go w/ the 19, altho w/ that kinda mileage either the 18 or 19 should have that & other major kinks already worked out

I’d always go w/ a newer model

B Scott

Reaction score
I looked at a 2018 and had a pre-purchase inspection done at a Ford dealership. They discovered several expensive issues, cam phasers, moon roof tracks, oil pan leak. Even with Ford paying for a large portion of the cam phaser update, they said it would cost between $3k and $4k to fix the issues. I passed and now looking for a 2019. Good luck!

Viral Peas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One other thing to mention. Regardless of the year, if possible, have the shocks inspected. Depending on how much off roading, Fox recommends having them rebuilt/replaced around 50k miles. I'm at 42k and mine "feel" ok but I haven't done a ton of off roading.

MilMascaras

Reaction score
In the market for a raptor. Was getting a Gen 1 roush but seems the deal is about to fall through.

That being said I can get a 2017/18 with 80-90k miles or a 2019 with 90k miles for the same price.

So the question being - is a higher milage 19 better than getting the same milage 18?

(avoiding 17s because of the plastic oil pan etc. ). So would be either getting an 18 or there are a few 19s in the same price range just with higher miles.

Or do I get another roush gen 1?
I have a 2020, fully loaded, with 54k miles and 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty. It’s black and I’m I. Dfw/texas.