2018 or 2019?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RtechChef

Reaction score
In the market for a raptor. Was getting a Gen 1 roush but seems the deal is about to fall through.

That being said I can get a 2017/18 with 80-90k miles or a 2019 with 90k miles for the same price.

So the question being - is a higher milage 19 better than getting the same milage 18?

(avoiding 17s because of the plastic oil pan etc. ). So would be either getting an 18 or there are a few 19s in the same price range just with higher miles.

Or do I get another roush gen 1?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2019 was the first year for the Live Valve shocks. The instrument cluster center screen was upgraded with data displays. The design of the optional beadlock wheels was changed and the bed and hood graphics were changed to a raised/textured surface.

Regardless of year, the biggest deciding factors should be maintenance records and vehicle history.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019 was the first year for the Live Valve shocks. The instrument cluster center screen was upgraded with data displays. The design of the optional beadlock wheels was changed and the bed and hood graphics were changed to a raised/textured surface.

Regardless of year, the biggest deciding factors should be maintenance records and vehicle history.
In the market for a raptor. Was getting a Gen 1 roush but seems the deal is about to fall through.

That being said I can get a 2017/18 with 80-90k miles or a 2019 with 90k miles for the same price.

So the question being - is a higher milage 19 better than getting the same milage 18?

(avoiding 17s because of the plastic oil pan etc. ). So would be either getting an 18 or there are a few 19s in the same price range just with higher miles.

Well, in my personal opinion, I prefer Gen 2s. Now, it is hard to say what Gen 2 to pick. If they are the same condition, and none have been beaten to death, I would pick the 2019.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score

How much are you spending? I have a loaded white '18 w/ 102k miles, getting cam phasers repaired right now, so those will be fresh. It does have the plastic pan, but it's covered by the skid plate and has never leaked or anything. 6 yr/125k bumper to bumper warranty with 10 rental coverage. PM me if interested.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score

100% also the cruise control was updated and trail control. Between the shocks and cruise the 2019 easily wins for my money. Now if you are building more of a trail rig and ditching shocks going with aftermarket 2018s I prefer the seats in a 2018 better (full leather). Cam phaser ish is nearly guaranteed on the 18 tho. But FTO is correct vehicle maintenance history and pre purchase inspection trumps all.

Viral Peas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a early build 2018 with the plastic oil pan but I always hold my breath when crawling under the truck to do an oil change hoping I don't see it leaking. Live valve shocks and the oil pan are the only things on the 2019 that I want. For piece of mind if you go with a 2018, check the service records to see if the cam phasers have been done.