2018 New Raptor purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

houstonjean88

Reaction score
Hello guys, checking if anyone has pricing advice on a new 18 raptor.
The Car: 18 802A, twin panel, Ext graphics, hood graphics, carbon, tailgate, 17" forged, tech, heated rear MSRP 72145, selling price 72k otd

Would you bite at this price?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’ve read several times that TX is a tough Raptor market. I don’t know what all the other fees add up to locally, but under MSRP is the market standard right now. I think it’s a little high for the current market, but that’s me.

I’d bet this is a “dealer stock” truck. The dealers order their trucks fully loaded by an overwhelming margin.

Of the options graphics x2 and carbon are --hugely-- overpriced. Graphics especially. Tech package is worth it, forged / bead lock wheels is discretionary for most, but I think worth having. Moon roof is something you may not want; if you’re doing a crap ton of off roading, you may not want it.

Keep in mind this is an ’18, not a ’19. I’d feel better at closer to 70k OTD

BTW, Welcome to FRF.

OP
OP
H

houstonjean88

Reaction score
Thank you for your insight, I walked because the truck had been sitting for over a year, and had to be jumped. I also hope to join the forum with a new truck!

I’ve read several times that TX is a tough Raptor market. I don’t know what all the other fees add up to locally, but under MSRP is the market standard right now. I think it’s a little high for the current market, but that’s me.

I’d bet this is a “dealer stock” truck. The dealers order their trucks fully loaded by an overwhelming margin.

Of the options graphics x2 and carbon are --hugely-- overpriced. Graphics especially. Tech package is worth it, forged / bead lock wheels is discretionary for most, but I think worth having. Moon roof is something you may not want; if you’re doing a crap ton of off roading, you may not want it.

Keep in mind this is an ’18, not a ’19. I’d feel better at closer to 70k OTD

BTW, Welcome to FRF.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
well, until you have the new truck, and prove so with pictures we’ll just consider you to be the driver of this economical, if homely automobile

toyota_prius_red_front_58_1536080877_800x600.jpg

;-)