2018 Lightning Blue SCREW Primer showing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John L.

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Lightning Blue SCREW and noticed what looks like primer showing through the paint at the bottom of the rear fender wells and the front of the bed between the bed and cab. It's noticeable when the sun shines between the cab and truck bed. I have noticed this on other Lightning Blue F150s but mine is the only Lightning Blue Raptor I've seen up close. Has anyone else noticed this issue?

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Lightning Blue SCREW and noticed what looks like primer showing through the paint at the bottom of the rear fender wells and the front of the bed between the bed and cab. It's noticeable when the sun shines between the cab and truck bed. I have noticed this on other Lightning Blue F150s but mine is the only Lightning Blue Raptor I've seen up close. Has anyone else noticed this issue?

Welcome to the forum!

Pictures would help if you can upload them. So it is noticeable from a distance?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.
There have been a few owners of 2017+ trucks who have seen a low paint coverage on some areas. it’s pretty rare.

You’ll have to address it with the dealer.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.
There have been a few owners of 2017+ trucks who have seen a low paint coverage on some areas. it’s pretty rare.

You’ll have to address it with the dealer.

What would the dealer do? Has anyone had them repaint bad section?

Greg Machala

Reaction score
My Lightning Blue Raptor has similar issues where you can see yellow shaded primer along the leading edges of most of the body panels. Where the front fenders meet the door panel is the most noticeable area on mine because I see it every time I walk up to it in sunlight. So, I unbolted the front fenders and was able to move them back closer to the door and it hides the yellow areas well enough I suppose. I wouldn't repaint it though unless the clear starts to peel back from the edges. The wheel wells are very yellow as well but doesn't bother me cause that area gets dirty.

Ford's paint booth seems to have issues getting metallic paints to flow onto the edges of the panels. I suppose they are sprayed with the whole truck assembled and its difficult to get paint to flow in the gaped areas between the body panels. Solid paints are probably easier to get into the gaps than metallics.