2018 Leadfoot "Decade Long Build"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LF LandShark 2818

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a side note for anyone who watched these videos and has the wastegate or cam phaser rattle, can you tell from the sound in these clips which one it is? Ive had the Cam Phaser Flash TSB performed and all was quiet for a while but after winter hit, this is now a normal sound for me during cold temp start ups. I'm going to take the truck back in for a few other issues including the drivers side heated seat not working and the passenger side mirror not being able to be adjusted right and left but still works up and down. So if someone can help with their past experience I'd greatly appreciate it.

OP
OP
LF LandShark 2818

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maintenance Update:

The truck does in fact have the cam phaser rattle and since the TSB didn't work they are replacing the actual hardware. Im pretty nervous to have the work done but i really trust my dealer here. I hope it helps and that its a more long lasting fix. While the truck is in there it will also be getting a new drivers side seat heater core and a new mirror motor for the passenger side. I had them check my rear diff because i noticed a burning smell when i would use the rear locker and while they couldn't replicate it they did check the rear diff fluid and it was very milky. Now may be the best time to have them service the rear differential and change out the fluid. Nice part is that everything is covered under warranty and will only set me back $100 for roughly $6k worth of parts and labor.

OP
OP
LF LandShark 2818

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a few highlights from pictures last night. Ill have more specific pictures and video walk arounds for most of the upgrades I've done up to this point as well as some night output shots. More to follow...

tempImage7nS1Rd.jpg

tempImagezIAi9a.jpg

tempImage23NZpj.jpg

tempImageKpbeux.jpg

tempImagezi6ca4.jpg

OP
OP
LF LandShark 2818

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Baja Designs LP4 Warranty:

As much as i love these lights its sucks to have to admit that i am going to have to send one of them back already. Since installing my drivers side light i noticed condensation starting to build up inside. I hoped it would go away on its own but sadly it keeps getting worse and worse. Luckily @Baja Designs has some great customer service and has sent me the paperwork to return the light. It sucks that my truck will look like Frankenstein for a few weeks until i get a replacement but its better than having a defective light.

tempImage3Mk4mN.jpg

tempImagexXjPyv.jpg

tempImageqNCL2i.jpg

tempImageAkhyyo.jpg

tempImageZ7w035.jpg

OP
OP
LF LandShark 2818

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018 The Little Raptor That Could - Movie Preview

In an attempt to learn more about video editing i put together this little gem. In the future ill actually be putting together something useful but until then, here's what 30 minutes of messing around with some clips gets you.

OP
OP
LF LandShark 2818

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Local SCCA Rallycross:

Here is a few GoPro videos from a Rallycross event i took the truck to a few months ago. Overall it was a great event and the "true blood" rally guys were excited to watch the truck go around the track. There was another 2019 Raptor out there which did very well and im pretty sure he bested all of my times. Here's the dash footage.

Lap 1:

Lap 2:

Lap 3:

OP
OP
LF LandShark 2818

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Baja Designs Light Is Fixed:

First off, a huge shout out to JD @Baja Designs for getting me my light back so quick. I was pretty sad to already have to turn a light back in for a warranty claim but JD and the staff at BD took care of everything to include having my light overnighted back to me so i could get it back on the truck. I couldn't believe it when it showed up the next morning.

tempImageV9w8JS.png

6F141A3D-40DC-4317-AD13-DB7CC97D55DD.jpeg

tempImagey3kMpE.png

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Landshark,

The truck is looking great, Awesome photos..

I let JD know about your post, glad we could do our part to keep you up and running

Thanks for the love and support best,
Brock Brunkhorst

OP
OP
LF LandShark 2818

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Landshark,

The truck is looking great, Awesome photos..

I let JD know about your post, glad we could do our part to keep you up and running

Thanks for the love and support best,
Brock Brunkhorst
Thank you very much and thanks for going above and beyond with customer service!