2018 Leadfoot "Decade Long Build"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LF LandShark 2818

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RokBlokz Mud Flaps/Fender Flares/AMSOIL HDMP/Frame Pocket continued...

I also added a frame pocket cover kit in order to hopefully stop water and debris from finding its way into these areas under the truck. The instillation was very easy and for added protection i used a thin coating of weatherproof sealant around the edges just prior to plugging them up.

IMG_3047.jpeg IMG_3048.jpeg IMG_3060.jpeg IMG_3061.jpeg IMG_3062.jpeg

OP
OP
LF LandShark 2818

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rigid SR-L Amber and Addictive Dessert Designs Pro Bolt on V1

Here are a few pictures of just the lights bars I picked for the front and rear of the truck. I can say first hand that if you have OCD about things "matching" these are the perfect lights for you. The surrounds of both the amber and red match the factory marker/grille lights. I really enjoy how much light this SR-L throws out to the side. I attribute a good bit of that to the fact that its curved. I think if you are looking for a light that will help compliment your factory headlights down some dark back roads or when you're driving at night by yourself on the highways, this is perfect choice.

Front:
IMG_3869.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_3393.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_5348.JPG

OP
OP
LF LandShark 2818

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Specialtyperformanceparts Rigid SR-L Spreader Red Backlight Kit.

I went through a lot of different iterations of what backup light i wanted to go with and im very glad i ended on this kit. It was honestly a toss up between this kit and the BD S2 Reverse Kit. What made me choose the Rigid over the Baja Designs kit was the spread of light from the mounted location wit the SPV Kit. Once i saw an output shot of these at night, my mind was made up. As an added bonus they have the same matching red surround i enjoyed with the front Rigid SR-L bar. The directions from SPV are spot on and left nothing to be questioned which i greatly appreciated. Just ensure you follow your supplemental manual in order to select the correct wiring.

Rear:
IMG_3864.jpeg

IMG_3865.jpeg

IMG_4956.JPG

IMG_3866.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

OP
OP
LF LandShark 2818

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Morimoto v2 XB LED Headlights and Marker Lights

I was on a time crunch installing these yesterday since the heated shop i use was only open for a few hours and this install had to be done in conjunction with an oil change, tire rotation, cabin air filter swap, engine air filter swap, and marker light install. Its -20 out right now so doing this in my garage wasn't an option unfortunately. I will post a more detailed write up and pictures later but for now here's two short clips of them on the truck and the start up sequence.

OP
OP
LF LandShark 2818

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just so folks who are looking at these pictures are aware, the DRL is not as bright as it can be during the day in these photos. Thanks to another forum member @nikhsub1 for pointing out that the DRL surround has essentially three different settings. In all of these pictures the truck is in park but i have the parking light option selected on the dial. If i had left the dial in the "OFF" position or "AUTO" during the day, with the DRL option turned off through the trucks system settings, the amber surround would be much brighter. I messed around with it last night as i got the headlights aimed and I'm not kidding when i say you could almost see as you drive at night just off the amber surround, its amazing how bright it is.

OP
OP
LF LandShark 2818

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had some time to take the truck and the pup up to a local mountain range today. I haven't had much time to put the truck through its paces in the snow but today was the perfect chance. It's snowed steady for a while now and temps have averaged around -15 F. I had previously tried to climb this road last winter on my almost bald factory K02's and got stuck very quickly. This trip i was happy to see my Falkens out perform my old tires. The biggest issue i ran into was that my lack of talent ran out pretty quick in the snow that was up to the top of the bumper. I essentially had to keep the truck in Baja Mode with the accelerator pinned to the floor just to move at a 2-5mph pace. I tried just about every driving mode and found that the only way i could keep the truck moving in snow that deep was to "crab walk" up the mountain in Baja Mode.

IMG_5631.jpeg

IMG_5633.jpeg

IMG_5642.jpeg

IMG_5650.jpeg

IMG_5670.jpeg